Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #1
jmp1518
jmp1518 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Question Locking Calibre Books?

I am editing a rather large library of books and was wondering if there was a way to lock the ones I was done with. I want to do this to prevent further editing until unlocked if possible. I would greatly appreciate any help on the subject or even an idea of if it is possible.
jmp1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Not possible I believe. You can "hide" them, either by using a search restriction or copying them to another library. But it is not possible to prevent accidental editing/replacement if they are visible in the library view.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
jmp1518
jmp1518 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
Not possible I believe. You can "hide" them, either by using a search restriction or copying them to another library. But it is not possible to prevent accidental editing/replacement if they are visible in the library view.
ok thanks at least i know
jmp1518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:27 PM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
I was going to suggest making the files read-only, but I just tried it and not only can you still edit the files, they *become writeable* again (under Linux).
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 04:13 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
I have a column ,text with a fixed set of values.
I prefix each value with a number for one key entry (1. Perfect, 2. Good, 3. Header, 4 spacing etc.)
This makes it easy to know what books need to be changed.

Doesn't stop me from editing but mostly I leave the perfect ones alone

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert