Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #1261
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I have tried contacting Mantano about the error with the jumbled pages (3 times) but haven't gotten any reply.

I'm not very good with HTML, but would you mind telling how you solved that problem?

This is the error on one of my books:

Quote:
The file Ancient Feminine Wisdom 2.3.epub for the book Ancient Feminine Wisdom is not strictly well formed.
The page 9 contains structural issues and its display quality may be affected.
Please find below the list of the problems encountered:

W_CSS_PARSE_ERROR file:///storage/extSdCard/Tanja/Temp/Ancient%20Feminine%20Wisdom%202.3.epub/OEBPS/Styles/stylesheet.css BadDeclaration
W_CSS_PARSE_ERROR file:///storage/extSdCard/Tanja/Temp/Ancient%20Feminine%20Wisdom%202.3.epub/OEBPS/Styles/stylesheet.css syntax%20error
W_CSS_PARSE_ERROR file:///storage/extSdCard/Tanja/Temp/Ancient%20Feminine%20Wisdom%202.3.epub/OEBPS/Styles/stylesheet.css BadDeclaration
W_CSS_PARSE_ERROR file:///storage/extSdCard/Tanja/Temp/Ancient%20Feminine%20Wisdom%202.3.epub/OEBPS/Styles/stylesheet.css syntax%20error
----------------------------------------
Sent from Mantano Reader Premium
Download it for free at https://market.android.com/details?i...r.android.lite
----------------------------------------
Thank you so much in advance
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 03:26 PM   #1262
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanjamuse View Post
I have tried contacting Mantano about the error with the jumbled pages (3 times) but haven't gotten any reply.

I'm not very good with HTML, but would you mind telling how you solved that problem?

This is the error on one of my books:

Thank you so much in advance
Wow. I'm not sure what the BadDeclaration is ... and the syntax errors could be anything: missing semicolon--you name it. If you can, I'd open the epub (back it up first) in something like Sigil or calibre's editor that offers CSS validation.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 04:07 PM   #1263
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Wow. I'm not sure what the BadDeclaration is ... and the syntax errors could be anything: missing semicolon--you name it. If you can, I'd open the epub (back it up first) in something like Sigil or calibre's editor that offers CSS validation.
If it was me I'd switched Moon+ for DRM free epubs till Mantano gets it act together unfortunately that means using Overdrive or Aldiko for Library books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #1264
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
If it was me I'd switched Moon+ for DRM free epubs till Mantano gets it act together unfortunately that means using Overdrive or Aldiko for Library books.
"Ick" to all those options.
Old 11-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #1265
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I only use Mantano for Library books now I may just have to downgrade to an old version till they get their kinks worked out. I don't care for Aldiko or Overdrive.
Advert
Old 11-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #1266
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
So what's wrong with Overdrive for library books? They have a setting to use default css.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #1267
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
So what's wrong with Overdrive for library books? They have a setting to use default css.
I don't really utilize library ebooks, so I haven't actually tried Overdrive in while, but regardless of that ... I'm not into reading one book in one app and one book in another. I prefer "one reader to rule them all in the darkness bind them."

I download all the various Android reading apps from time to time (the ones people talk about anyway) just to see if any of them have changed enough to grow on me, but so far no dice. Mantano suits me well. The very rare occasions that I've ever had any trouble with it were almost invariably due to wonky books. And I'm perfectly happy to fix the occasional wonky book.

(I also don't hesitate to uninstall the app, delete the database and all the extra files that the uninstall leaves behind, and re-install from scratch if things get weird after many, many accumulating updates).
Old 11-24-2014, 06:08 PM   #1268
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
I don't really utilize library ebooks, so I haven't actually tried Overdrive in while, but regardless of that ... I'm not into reading one book in one app and one book in another. I prefer "one reader to rule them all in the darkness bind them."

I download all the various Android reading apps from time to time (the ones people talk about anyway) just to see if any of them have changed enough to grow on me, but so far no dice. Mantano suits me well. The very rare occasions that I've ever had any trouble with it were almost invariably due to wonky books. And I'm perfectly happy to fix the occasional wonky book.

(I also don't hesitate to uninstall the app, delete the database and all the extra files that the uninstall leaves behind, and re-install from scratch if things get weird after many, many accumulating updates).
You can read any epub book in Overdrive, not just library books.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #1269
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
I only use Mantano for Library books now I may just have to downgrade to an old version till they get their kinks worked out. I don't care for Aldiko or Overdrive.
Since I wasn't smart enough to hold onto an old copy of Mantano, do you know of a website that might have the old ones?
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 03:59 PM   #1270
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Just got a Mantano update less than 30 min ago. One of the fixes is for a portrait problem.

Regarding the portrait/landscape, I just do a long press on the portrait/landscape icon to get the display options; changed it from "auto" to "portrait". The change only makes Mantano display the book in portrait mode & doesn't mess with the system's auto mode (so far).
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 04:00 PM   #1271
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
Just got a Mantano update less than 30 min ago. One of the fixes is for a portrait problem.

Regarding the portrait/landscape, I just do a long press on the portrait/landscape icon to get the display options; changed it from "auto" to "portrait". The change only makes Mantano display the book in portrait mode & doesn't mess with the system's auto mode (so far).
Did it fix the jumble issue?
Old 11-26-2014, 04:01 PM   #1272
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Since I wasn't smart enough to hold onto an old copy of Mantano, do you know of a website that might have the old ones?
No sure don't I have a gingerbread device I use to back up mine.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:18 PM   #1273
crane3
Guru
crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crane3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Fire hdx 8.9, Tab S2, Tab S5e, Aura ONE
Quote:
Don't know as I have portrait mode locked-in; will try it as the fix said it did.

It "kind of did" but not always? I played with it by rotating the pro tab 8.4 & sometimes it returned to the same page in portrait mode but not in landscape where it was in double columns. So the action may differ according to the tablet size(?) and/or font size. When I pickup the tablet, it sometimes go into landscape so locked portrait for Mantano is best since it also avoids the jumbo by not going into landscape.

I'm keeping Mantano in locked portrait mode as it didn't affect any other app like total commander in landscape mode. (center tap-->display-->long press on p/l icon-->select portrait).
crane3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 05:25 PM   #1274
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
You could try Bluefire Reader which uses some version RMDSK. So it should work well.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 08:42 AM   #1275
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
The very first item on the change list (at least the update I got) was about fixing page order issues (in some cases).