Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 08:28 AM   #1
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
New Nero Wolfe Book

Archie Meets Nero Wolfe: A Prequel to Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Mysteries by Robert Goldsborough.
He has done a decent job with others I hope this one is as good since I bought it.
http://www.amazon.com/Archie-Meets-N.../dp/1453270973
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Thanks for that. Strangely enough I was just wondering a day or so ago if and why Robert Goldsborough had stopped writing

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

He hasn't stopped writing. he has his own series of books along with the Nero Wolfe Books. He wrote Nero Wolfe books from 196 through 1993.
Apache
Old 12-16-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Interesting, though one review points out a lot of mistakes the author made in the Nero Wolfe canon.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:59 PM   #5
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yes, but then Rex Stout probably did too. I find Goldsborough less successful at Nero and Archie than I would hope, but still worth the read.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #6
Apache
Readaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
Yes, but then Rex Stout probably did too. I find Goldsborough less successful at Nero and Archie than I would hope, but still worth the read.
I like Nero and Archie and Goldsborough's books are a nice read. I enjoyed the new one.
Apache
Old 12-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #7
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Yup, I enjoyed it too. And I even went and bought several of his earlier Nero Wolfe books to read. I probably read at least a couple of them 20 years or more ago, but I certainly don't remember them. And meanwhile, I have all the Rex Stout Nero Wolfe books here as well, been working through them when I want something quick and fun.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:12 AM   #8
Apache
Readaholic

I also have all of Rex Stout's Nero Wolfe Books. And I too bought and read Robert Goldborough's early Nero Wolfe Books. They are all available as ebooks and I am going to buy all seven of them. They are cheaper on Amazon than on B&N.
Apache