Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-21-2014, 06:24 AM   #29551
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Earl Grey in my cup with a splash of milk.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:41 AM   #29552
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Yeah the liver pasta was about as good as it sounded. Liver with liver sauce over pasta. Yummy! But I ate my plateful with a smile on my face and thanked them for a wonderful meal. It was not their fault that was the only meat available and it was actually a big deal for them to have any meat to offer. My teacher got me gift certificates to McDonalds when we got back to the States because I ate the entire serving with a smile and found a polite way to say no to a second helping.

I still give my 15 year old self massive props for that because it really was that disgusting.

Chick Fil A chicken and sausage biscuits for breakfast today, Yummy, fattening but yummy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 01:08 PM   #29553
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Finishing my first mug of tea, second one waiting on the counter.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:09 PM   #29554
cromag
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Earl Grey in my cup with a splash of milk.
My Dad's a big Earl Grey fan. There are some teas I take with a little milk -- strong, black tea, for instance -- but I like Earl Grey with just a little honey.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:28 PM   #29555
cromag

Second mug of tea (black tea with a little milk and honey) to take the edge off of a damp, chilly, windy fall day. Unfortunately, this weather is likely to take down a lot of leaves before the trees reach "peak color."
Advert
Old 10-22-2014, 06:25 PM   #29556
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Root beer
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:39 PM   #29557
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I started up the trail October twenty-third
I started up the trail with the 2-U herd

Coma-ti yi yippy, yippy yea, yippy yea,
Coma-ti yi yippy, yippy yea.

Come along, boys, and listen to my tale
I'll tell you of my troubles on the old Chisholm Trail

My seat's in the saddle and my saddle's in the sky
I'll quit punchin' cows in the sweet by and by.

( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T01aD0fYFVk )

Good morning, everyone! October 23rd is a national holiday here in Thailand to mark Chulalongkorn Day. The public holiday commemorates one of Thailand’s most revered kings, King Chulalongkorn (Rama V,) the monarch who brought Siam into the modern age. (You met him in the movie, 'The King and I.' He was the 'eldest son' of King Mongkut) I guess it's fitting that we leave for the 'Chulalongkorn University Open International Fencing Tournament' today.

Unbranded Keemun tea this morning as I get ready to leave. Packing extra food and snacks for the ride. Extra tea too, although there are good Rest Areas along the way. It will be an 11-hour van ride to Bangkok...

I'm not looking forward to that, but the club's Fencing Master requested that we all travel together so he could save some money, as he's got a wife and three kids coming along from his family. Renting a van and driver for four days IS cheaper than flying, but... It's only a 45 minute flight. Even the overnight train is more comfortable. Get on at 5pm, have a nice dinner in the dining car, then a few hours rolling through the mountains, then sleep in a comfortable bed and wake up rolling into downtown Bangkok. On the other hand, we will have door-to-door service every day, with the van picking us up at the hotel and driving us to the University's 'Sports Complex' and back to the hotel at the end of each day's competition.

Should be some really stiff competition at this tournament, as we're fencing in the Open division. No Veterans list this time, so we fence the young bucks... Five lists for us; Men's Foil, Men's Épée, Men's Team Épée, Women's Foil, and perhaps Women's Épée. There's a possibility of bringing back a medal in Woman's Épée.

Here we go!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #29558
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Here's some music for the trip...

5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:54 PM   #29559
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Talisker Storm .....
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:15 PM   #29560
cromag

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Talisker Storm .....
Run outside with a bucket!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:43 AM   #29561
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Coffee and chicory
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 01:50 PM   #29562
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Talisker Storm .....
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Run outside with a bucket!

Definitely!

Well, the wind storm last week appears to have blown off or damaged the fireplace cap. The pellet stove wouldn't work this morning, the fan was barely turning over. Figured out that water had come down the flue. Had to take the fan motor off, and get all the water out. NOT fun. And now I have to find someone to actually return my calls and come out to fix it. Sigh.

Peet's Major Dickason's this morning.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:45 PM   #29563
cromag

Second mug of tea, and I find that it is surprisingly welcome.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:18 PM   #29564
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
My brother and his family sent me a bottle of Buffalo Trace bourbon for my birthday, so I'm trying that. Not bad.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:21 PM   #29565
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
From Canada?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?