Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-09-2009, 11:24 PM   #1
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
newbie question

I like calibre but my email conversion to amazon from pdf to mobi are done better.

what am I doing wrong?
"source" is browser
destination is "kindle"

I am them emailing it to kindle 2

amazon job just is better with less mistakes.

what can i do?

also when calibre emails an item to the kindle is there an amazon charge? or only when we submit to amazon for "conversion"

thanks in advance!!!
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 AM   #2
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hi oncdoc, welcome -

I use calibre too - but as I don't have a kindle I'll leave your question for one of the experts who do.

Meanwhile enjoy your time here - it's a big place - all are welcome ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc
I like calibre but my email conversion to amazon from pdf to mobi are done better.

what am I doing wrong?
Nothing. Amazon uses a different process for converting pdfs. Sometimes their's works better sometimes it doesn't. The up coming 0.6 release has had a lot of work done with pdf conversion and will give better results than the 0.5.x series with text based pdfs.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #4
oncdoc
Addict
oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.oncdoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle, pocket pro
ok thanks

what is the "source" what should it be. what is "browser"
oncdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 02:51 PM   #5
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by oncdoc View Post
ok thanks

what is the "source" what should it be. what is "browser"
Calibre supports device profiles. Input and output profiles to be exact. They define certain parameters (resolution, screen size, font sizes, comic image size...) that relate to the device. The best example I can give is with the PDF output in 0.6. You can set the kindle output profile and it will create a PDF perfectly sized for the Kindle's screen. An input profile has information that can be used in conversion.

The "browser" profile is the default profile and is designed for viewing on a computer. E.G. in a web browser or in Calibre's web browser based ebook-viewer app.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert