Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 06-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #46
ChrisM12743
ChrisM
ChrisM12743 began at the beginning.

Device: bookeen cybook gen3
I would like to see better PDF handling as well as including more formats in the capabilities. The more formats it can handle, the more people would buy it!
Down with Amazon!!!
ChrisM12743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 03:55 AM   #47
peterbbb
BoyReader
peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.peterbbb has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cybook Gen3 and now Kindle 3
I'd like to have it download my calendar.

I would like more PDA type functions

I would like to be able then to annotate the text

Directories for the books!!!

Reading while charging
peterbbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #48
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Bearing in mind that I've had my Cybook for under 48 hours now, initial thoughts are that I would like:
1. Folders. Think it will make it infinitely easier to get where I need to go quickly without trawling through hundreds of titles or juggling SD cards.

2. Page Numbers. I take the point about there being no 'true' numbering particularly in relation to font changes, but it would be a very beneficial reference point for when I'm revisiting work documents (yes, progress slide and bookmarks would go some way towards this but I think numbering would be better).

3. An easier way of getting titles and/or authors to appear the way I want them to appear, again for ease of reference, for both ebooks and pdf's (I know there are probably issues around document protection on the latter, but still). I'm experimenting with mobi2mobi GUI etc but feel it's an awful faff - something akin to a rename function or amendments in MobiReader translating to the device would be much easier for those of us who aren't computing geniuses!

Initial thoughts, hopefully that will actually be all since I'm otherwising liking it a lot but will get back to you as I progress!
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 07:24 AM   #49
Charybdis
Enthusiast
Charybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enoughCharybdis will become famous soon enough

Device: BeBook
Hi,

any news on when will Bookeen Cybook Gen4 release? Is it worth today to buy Gen3, or should I wait for Gen4?
Charybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:13 AM   #50
liquid6
liquid6 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook gen3
Portrait View!!

I think the best thing they can come out with for the Gen3/4 is portrait view, the ability to have a widescreen view when reading. That is about my only complaint with my gen3. The other complaints are how mobipocket converts some books.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks,
Mark
liquid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-19-2008, 12:32 PM   #51
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
You know? Having been attempting to diagnose and "fix" a 64MB Cybook long-distance this last week - one which crashed because Build 708 was installed on it - I'm going to have to go with the most obvious "upgrade" feature.

FIRM-*FRICKING*-WARE that WORKS!!!

(We're now at the point where the "special Build708 firmware - the one which does extra formatting - has gotten the initial boot/reboot/boot/reboot problem fixed. But now, once it gets to the Library screen - IT WON'T *FRICKING* RESPOND TO ANY BUTTON!!!)

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 07:40 PM   #52
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
I'd like a remote control. Not an infra red or anything wireless though. Just something I can plug into the unit, with a single button on it for turning pages. That way I can lie in bed on my side, and read the Cybook without having my arm in an unnatural position.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 05:50 AM   #53
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
I'd like a remote control. Not an infra red or anything wireless though. Just something I can plug into the unit, with a single button on it for turning pages. That way I can lie in bed on my side, and read the Cybook without having my arm in an unnatural position.
That would be great, indeed.

I wonder if one could use of of those camera remote releases to press the "next page" button...
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #54
DDHarriman
Guru
DDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura aboutDDHarriman has a spectacular aura about

Device: Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS 505, Kindle DXG and Samsung Galaxy Note
For me is simple and I want it in the actual version of the Cybook: PDF reading that reflows the text!!!

What we need is what the pocketpc version of adobe acrobat for these devices (version 2.0) does since 2002!!!
DDHarriman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:30 PM   #55
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
I want a "Trash Bin" key that will really delete files.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #56
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I want a "Trash Bin" key that will really delete files.
*THAT* should have been a working function as of Version 0.95 of the firmware.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:03 AM   #57
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
I want to be able to delete files and I would like page numbers. I don't think this should be too difficult and should not require a Gen4 surely?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 12:00 PM   #58
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Cybook is a great device for its simplicity.

I suggest only that the new version:

1) Support the folders.

2) Support PDF reflows the text.

3) Support external link (HTML).
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 02:35 PM   #59
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Proper page numbers like my PRS-505. Support for more formats. (Epub?) Better battery life and less buggy firmware (from what I've read in the forums). and a price point less or equal to $300. Well, I can wish, anyways.

AND I would personally love a screen size of 8". Willing to pay more for it, also.. just didn't like the iLiad's battery life.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:44 AM   #60
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Now that I'm a couple of weeks into use:

A one-touch bookmarking function (option to map to one of the navigational keys, delete or music side buttons) or at least option to add from the first menu rather than Bookmark sub-menu (which would be retained for other functions like remove, remove all, go to etc)
Would like to add bookmark more quickly, basically.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bookeen, cybook, gen4