Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 01-08-2012, 08:37 AM   #151
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrspaceman View Post
so my question is:
what would people like to see on a second (third/fourth) screen?
That's annoying about the notes and pics/audio.

As for that I'd like to see - the second screen almost as in 0.0.2.1 - the network section, the ref section with "all notes" and "dictionary", the system section with your app and sony settings (and maybe android settings?).

If there's some spare screen space, maybe a couple of slots of user defined Android apps.

I realise that all of these are pretty much available directly through the "Apps" list, but that is oh so painful to scroll through on an e-ink screen.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:56 AM   #152
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

Device: Asus Transformer Prime, Sony PRS-T1, HTC Sensation
I've added apps to the second screen, with a new preference to allow you to select the apps that are shown in the list.
mrspaceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2012, 06:07 PM   #153
cendrieR
cendrieR began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
I only wanted to say the Zeam Launcher is very usefull if you want to keep your favorite apps under the hand.

Last edited by cendrieR; 01-09-2012 at 06:10 PM.
cendrieR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 03:02 AM   #154
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark
mrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to beholdmrspaceman is a marvel to behold

release 0.0.3.4 uploaded.
I've added some threads to make it startup quicker.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #155
cendrieR

With releases 3.3 and 3.4 I can't put any book on the main screen (neither in the currently read section nor in both collection sections). I wish I could try this thread thing ...
Advert
Old 01-20-2012, 02:39 AM   #156
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by cendrieR View Post
With releases 3.3 and 3.4 I can't put any book on the main screen (neither in the currently read section nor in both collection sections). I wish I could try this thread thing ...
Thought I was the only one. Glad to see I'm not.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:15 AM   #157
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

you don't exactly 'put' books on the homescreen.

books appear in the currently reading list once they have been opened.
the other two homescreen lists are view of books in collections that you can choose from the preferences screen.
Old 01-20-2012, 07:27 AM   #158
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

Release 0.0.3.5 is out.

a List view has been added to the books screen.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:43 AM   #159
cendrieR

Sorry I used the wrong verb. What I meant was : even if I select a collection with the preference screen, nothing changes on the main screen, it keeps both "periodicals" and the other default collection.
As for the "currently read" section : to populate it the newhomescreen search into the database built by the firmware, right ? With older versions I could keep my currently read books even immediately after having done an uninstall+install, but with 3.3 and 3.4 I start with nothing.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #160
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

the 'currently read' section is populated by data from the Sony in built databases. uninstalling the sonyprst1home will not affect which books are displayed in that section.

if you could send me a log file it would help.
Old 01-20-2012, 02:10 PM   #161
cendrieR

Sorry, could you tell me where the logs are ? I don't see any relevant text file in my reader ...
(you could write that in the wiki I think)
Old 01-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #162
j0534ng31
Connoisseur
j0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheesej0534ng31 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-T1 black
Quote:
Sorry, could you tell me where the logs are ? I don't see any relevant text file in my reader ...
search "adb logcat" (very basic info about Android systems)
j0534ng31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 12:40 AM   #163
cendrieR

Thanks (but I still think it deserves a "howto" on the wiki)

This log is what I get when I install the version 3.5 of the sonyprst1homescreen,and try to change the displayed collections in the home preference menu.

The main errors I see are related to the sql queries and some /data/data/uk.co.droidinactu.sony.prst1.home/shared_prefs/uk.co.droidinactu.sony.prst1.home_preferences.xml file which seems to be missing.

(I attached the whole log file in case I am missing something...)
Attached Files
File Type: txt log.txt (40.8 KB, 340 views)

Last edited by cendrieR; 01-21-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:09 AM   #164
mrspaceman
Lurker in the Dark

okay, I've found the problem (I hope) and uploaded a new release.
Old 01-21-2012, 07:55 AM   #165
vishcompany
Addict
vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.vishcompany can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: Gen3(†); PB302(↓); PRS-350; T1; voyage
Quote:
Sorry, but this is not how community works.

You did not know something.
You asked for it.
You got an answer.
You put it in the wiki.

It's that simple.
And it's just like this, how the wiki grew so big so fast. It's not (only) the gurus. It's also a lot of folks, who do not know things, which are obvious to the gurus. Once they find out, they write it down for other folks.

Thanks for your contribution.
vishcompany is offline   Reply With Quote