Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 09:02 AM   #1
tpar
tpar began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
Send Book to Kindle

I have Calibre 0.7.21 and do not see the send to device icon. How do I send a book from Calibre to my Kindle?
tpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Do you have your device plugged in? You need to connect it via USB in order to see the send to device- button.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #3
tpar

Yes the Kindle is plugged in via usb.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:24 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Does your computer recognize the Kindle? If it doesn't, Calibre can't see it.
Old 10-03-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I've got a version of Calibre that's 4 or 5 versions old and that icon disappeared on that as well. I assumed it was a "feature". If you right click on the book, you'll find an option to send the book to your Kindle.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 09:46 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard

That sounds like only the icon in the toolbar might be missing. To restore that, customize the toolbar via the preferences dialog.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:08 AM   #7
tpar

The Kindle is recognized by my conputer but it does not show in Calibre.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpar View Post
I have Calibre 0.7.21 and do not see the send to device icon. How do I send a book from Calibre to my Kindle?
Run debug device detection and post the results. Preferences -> Advanced -> Miscellaneous.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:12 AM   #9
Manichean
Wizard

That's weird... I suggest you post the output of the device debug (found in preferences->miscellaneous) and wait for a guru to show up. I'm afraid I can't be of any more help.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 AM   #10
Manichean
Wizard

And speaking of the devil, there's the guru. Good luck, chaley
Old 10-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #11
MEY
MEY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I have the same issue. When I plug the Kindle in using USB the Kindle tells Me to disconnect it from the computer. After that Send to device icon is gone. How long can you leave it connected without causing any harm ?
MEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #12
Manichean
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEY View Post
I have the same issue. When I plug the Kindle in using USB the Kindle tells Me to disconnect it from the computer. After that Send to device icon is gone. How long can you leave it connected without causing any harm ?
I don't understand... the Kindle tells you to disconnect it after you plug in the USB? And without you doing anything, the send to device is removed with the Kindle still attached?
Old 10-03-2010, 04:00 PM   #13
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEY View Post
I just wonder if you may be misreading the message on the Kindle screen, perhaps? The message is simply telling you that if you wish to read on the Kindle whilst charging it via usb, eject the Kindle from you computer but leave it connected.

In order to transfer books using Calibre, you need to ignore the message, transfer your books then eject safely. If the battery does not need charging, you can remove the usb cable once ejected safely.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #14
tpar

It appears that the Kindle is not recognized. It appears as a removable disk on the pc

Version: 0.7.21
USB devices on system:
[u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b34&rev0005',
u'usb\\root_hub20&vid8086&pid3b3c&rev0005',
u'usb\\vid_04f2&pid_b130&rev_7729',
u'usb\\vid_04f2&pid_b130&rev_7729&mi_00',
u'usb\\vid_1949&pid_0002&rev_0100',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000',
u'usb\\vid_8087&pid_0020&rev_0000']
Drives detected:
Available plugins: ALEX ANDROID AVANT AZBOOKA BLACKBERRY BOOQ BOOX COOL_ER CYBOOK DBOOK
E52 E71X EB511 EB600 EBK52 ECLICTO EDGE ELONEX ESLICK
FOLDER_DEVICE_FOR_CONFIG GEMEI GER2 HANLINV3 HANLINV5 ILIAD INVESBOOK
IPAPYRUS IREXDR1000 IREXDR800 IRIVER_STORY ITALICA ITUNES JETBOOK
JETBOOK_MINI KINDLE KINDLE2 KINDLE_DX KOBO KOGAN MENTOR MIBUK N516
N770 N810 NEWSMY NOOK NUUT2 PALMPRE PDNOVEL POCKETBOOK301
POCKETBOOK360 PRS505 README S60 SHINEBOOK SNE SOVOS SPECTRA SWEEX
TECLAST_K3 THEBOOK

Looking for devices...
u'usb\\vid_1949&pid_0002&rev_0100'

Devices possibly connected: None
Old 10-04-2010, 05:52 AM   #15
MEY
MEY began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
I just wonder if you may be misreading the message on the Kindle screen, perhaps? The message is simply telling you that if you wish to read on the Kindle whilst charging it via usb, eject the Kindle from you computer but leave it connected.

In order to transfer books using Calibre, you need to ignore the message, transfer your books then eject safely. If the battery does not need charging, you can remove the usb cable once ejected safely.
That must be it, thanks so much.
MEY is offline   Reply With Quote