Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #1
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Kindle Fire 2nd Gen, HD 7", 8.9" Software Update Version 7.3.0

New update time!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custom...deId=201016350

Quote:
We have a new, free software update available for Kindle Fire HD 7”. The software update will be delivered wirelessly and includes several new features and performance enhancements:

Support for X-Ray for Textbooks
Explore the “bones” of your textbook, and access all the most important terms and concepts, with glossary definitions and links to relevant textbook pages.

Simplified Chinese Support
In addition to the other languages offered, you can now change your device language to Simplified Chinese.

Track your reading progress with Time To Read
Kindle Fire HD 7” calculates your reading speed to let you know when you’ll finish a chapter or book.

Support for Kindle Editions with Audio/Video
You can now read books that contain audio and/or video clips.

Print Replica Textbook Enhancements
Scroll through thumbnails at the bottom of the screen to preview pages and jump quickly between chapters, and mark important notes and highlights in your Notebook for easy reference.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:37 AM   #2
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I'm excited, as I love time to read on my other kindles. I just updated my KFHD7 and have to wait for DD's KF2 to charge before I do hers.
booklover6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Current Kindle Fire software versions:
  • Fire HD 8.9 -- 8.3.0
  • Fire HD 7 ---- 7.3.0
  • Fire 2nd G -- 10.3.0
  • Fire 1st G --- 6.3.2
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Current Kindle Fire software versions:
  • Fire HD 8.9 -- 8.3.0
  • Fire HD 7 ---- 7.3.0
  • Fire 2nd G -- 10.3.0
  • Fire 1st G --- 6.3.2
Not bad. Besides the Nexus devices updated by Google, Amazon is the only one who bothers keeping up with their devices for more than one update.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Not bad. Besides the Nexus devices updated by Google, Amazon is the only one who bothers keeping up with their devices for more than one update.
Which is a big reason why I have a Fire HD 8.9 and a Nexus 7.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #6
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
My KFHD is updating as I type. I figured I could find out what's in it here first, was not dissapointed. There's nothing too exciting for me here, but I'm guessing there are unmentioned improvements in the background.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
My KFHD is updating as I type. I figured I could find out what's in it here first, was not dissapointed. There's nothing too exciting for me here, but I'm guessing there are unmentioned improvements in the background.
None of the improvements have any significance for me (yet). At least the update didn't mess up the ADW Launcher/ 1Mobile Market setup I have.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #8
induna
Addict
induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.induna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, 505, 600, 350, T1 Amazon Kindle PW1, PW2, Voyage
After the update I had to re-root and re-copy the Google framework apps to restore Google Play.
induna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:53 PM   #9
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
A few months ago they announced that they were working on an update to improve 'accessibility' (to help people with vision issues). That didn't ship, did it? Wonder where that stands....
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
Doc109
Enthusiast
Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doc109 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire 2 (non-HD), Kindle Paperwhite
Postupdate: Email Faster(?), Status Icons Bigger

After the update for the SD Kindle Fire 2, my stock email app seems to be running more smoothly. Could be a placebo effect?

The status icons in the notifications section are now really big. It is almost yelling out the temperature and the fact that Screen Dim is active. They were a more reasonable size pre-update. Not a big deal, just odd.
Doc109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Mine updated (8.9 to v8.3.0) without me even noticing
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #12
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Rooted HD7 hasn't updated... and that's the way I like it.
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:29 PM   #13
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Is anyone else using a Bluetooth keyboard with the HD7? After the update, I'm having some problems with the keyboard: Ctrl-I and Ctrl-B no longer work with italics, for example, and the CAP LOCK feature will turn itself on randomly. I thought something was wrong with my file, or with my keyboard, before I learned of the day's update--so now I think that's the culprit.

This is a real shame, since I really love using the Bluetooth keyboard. Is there an easy way to roll back to a previous update? (and to prevent the current one from overwriting it)

--NP
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:38 PM   #14
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by nprentiss View Post
Is anyone else using a Bluetooth keyboard with the HD7? After the update, I'm having some problems with the keyboard: Ctrl-I and Ctrl-B no longer work with italics, for example, and the CAP LOCK feature will turn itself on randomly. I thought something was wrong with my file, or with my keyboard, before I learned of the day's update--so now I think that's the culprit.

This is a real shame, since I really love using the Bluetooth keyboard. Is there an easy way to roll back to a previous update? (and to prevent the current one from overwriting it)

--NP
which keyboard?
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:14 AM   #15
nprentiss
Connoisseur
nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nprentiss ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
which keyboard?
I have the Amazon Basics Bluetooth keyboard (this one: http://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-B...tooth+keyboard)
nprentiss is offline   Reply With Quote