Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 04:31 AM   #1
sedadi
sedadi began at the beginning.

Device: EZ Reader 6"
Ez-Reader doesn´t recognize SD cards

I just purchased an Ez-Reader, and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to connect the external memory. The device doesn´t recognize any type of card. I tried 1 and 2 GB cards, formatted at Fat 16 or Fat 32. I also tried Panasonic´s application SD Formatter, but the result has been the same. The unit doesn´t see the contents of the card.

If I connect the unit to the computer via the USB cable in order to see the contents of the card, the unit resets. I also noticed that the file transfer rate from the computer to the internal memory is extremely slow.
I haven´t been able to update the firmware. The unit crashes everytime I tried (both leds solid), and the only option left is to press the reset button in the back.

I have searched Internet forums, but I didn´t find an answer to this problem. Did you experience anything like this? I am almost sure there´s an issue with the SD slot, since the cards my reader doesn´t recognize work well in other.

Thanks!
sedadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedadi View Post
I just purchased an Ez-Reader, and everything seemed to be fine until I tried to connect the external memory. The device doesn´t recognize any type of card. I tried 1 and 2 GB cards, formatted at Fat 16 or Fat 32. I also tried Panasonic´s application SD Formatter, but the result has been the same. The unit doesn´t see the contents of the card.

If I connect the unit to the computer via the USB cable in order to see the contents of the card, the unit resets. I also noticed that the file transfer rate from the computer to the internal memory is extremely slow.
I haven´t been able to update the firmware. The unit crashes everytime I tried (both leds solid), and the only option left is to press the reset button in the back.

I have searched Internet forums, but I didn´t find an answer to this problem. Did you experience anything like this? I am almost sure there´s an issue with the SD slot, since the cards my reader doesn´t recognize work well in other.

Thanks!
You need to contact support. It may be bad hardware. They can help you determine that and authorize a replacement.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote