Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #1
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
Rotate every other image from a folder

I need some help trying to figure this out. I know Scan Tailor can do it, but unfortunately I can't skip any steps in the process... So it's not an option. I only want to rotate every other image from a folder and nothing else.

Maybe move all odd pages to a different folder and batch process them? Any ideas?
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
That is one thing you could do. You could also try it with ImageMagick. I scan with a multifunction machine which sometimes do this. Only, that machine gives me a pdf and for pdf I can use pdftk to do that easily.
If ImageMagick can't do it in one step, you might want to convert the images to pdf (with ImageMagick), combine all pdf's into one (with pdftk), rotate every other page (with pdftk), split the pdf into separate pdf per page (with pdftk), convert the pdf's back to images (with ImageMagick). Quite a route...

You might also try a program like XnView or IrfanView or something like that. There you can select multiple images and rotate them.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2012, 01:29 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Since you didn't mention the file name convention that you used, it'd hard to make suggestions for separating odd and even pages, but since you mentioned that you could copy the odd pages to a separate folder, I'm assuming that you already figured this part out and describe only the conversion part.

You could easily rotate all images in one folder with ImageMagick and a batch file. Simply install ImageMagic, put all odd images in one folder, save the following command line as batch file with the extension .bat or .cmd in the same folder and execute it:

Code:
FOR %%f IN ("*.jpg") DO (mogrify -rotate 90  "%%f")
Note that this will overwrite the original files.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #4
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can probably use Irfanview to batch rotate them. But only if I could somehow separate every odd (or even) page from the rest...

After the scanning I used "Bulk Rename Utility" to rename everything starting from 003. Now they're in sequence and correspond to the printed page: 004.jpg, 005.jpg, 006.jpg, etc., except that every other page is rotated 180 degrees. Is there a way to divide them somehow into a "Left" folder and a "Right" folder?
Old 05-31-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
In a bash shell you can use regex-like commands, so all even files are *[02468].jpg, and all odd files are *[13579].jpg

Even if you can't do that directly in windows (which I ignore) you can probably move *1.jpg to a different folder, then move *3.jpg, then *5.jpg... and you'll have all odd files in the folder.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
DSpider
Evangelist

You know that's actually not a bad idea...

For Windows you can create a .bat (or .cmd) file with:
Code:
@echo off
move /y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Both\*0.jpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Left Side"
move /y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Both\*2.jpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Left Side"
move /y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Both\*4.jpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Left Side"
move /y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Both\*6.jpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Left Side"
move /y "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Both\*8.jpg" "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\Left Side"
And for Linux you can just run:

Code:
$ mv /media/Storage/Both/*[02468].jpg "/media/Storage/Left Side"
Thanks.