Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 04-28-2011, 09:41 AM   #91
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bear4hunter View Post
quite a 'hardened debate' going on here...

is my sig compliant?
No, it really is too "tall".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #92
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle 3 & DX Graphite, PocketBook 302 & Pro 603
changed the font size now,
it's still tall, but please leave me at least 2 lines of text and the ticker...
bear4hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #93
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
changed the font size now,
it's still tall, but please leave me at least 2 lines of text and the ticker...
Why not just get rid of the last sentence? - I think we all know what the counter represents.
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 09:56 AM   #94
bear4hunter
Addict
bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!bear4hunter rocks like Gibraltar!

The last line links to the the thread post with the list of books I've read / am reading, for those interested, i would like to keep it, as well as the top line...

I mean, there's still a lot of white space below the sig, the avatar and user data is taller than most posts...
Old 04-28-2011, 09:57 AM   #95
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
The last line links to the the thread post with the list of books I've read / am reading, for those interested, i would like to keep it, as well as the top line...

I mean, there's still a lot of white space below the sig, the avatar and user data is taller than most posts...
You can shorten your link to "My Reads" or something and put it to the left of your quote. Then I think you could make the font a bit bigger.

BOb
Advert
Old 04-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #96
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I've sized my signature so that it can be used as a guide. It's size is the maximum allowed under the new guidelines.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:01 PM   #97
bear4hunter
Addict

Click image for larger version

Name:	sig.png
Views:	569
Size:	8.1 KB
ID:	70611
still too big? come on, it's 1 mm at the max!
Old 04-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #98
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Attachment 70611
still too big? come on, it's 1 mm at the max!
You know, give 1mm and they take 1kilometer (or something like that).

Looks fine now.

BOb
Old 04-28-2011, 02:21 PM   #99
bear4hunter
Addict

Old 04-28-2011, 02:27 PM   #100
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I'll accept that.

Other tricks members may want to try who want both tickers and more text is to change their ticker for a smaller one. At the Ticker Factory, there are many different sizes of tickers.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:29 PM   #101
Ivy
Sometimes I purr.
Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ivy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My personal rule was that when I make a shorter post, like this one for example, my signature does not extend the size of the avatar/info area. The new rules seem fine to me. I usually have a small animated gif there, about the height of my avatar, but not being able to have one here is no biggie.

Speaking of animated avatars, please do not forbid them. I like my butterflies very much!

Last edited by Ivy; 05-04-2011 at 06:31 PM.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 04:27 PM   #102
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I was asked to change my previous signature (which looked like this, but with two extra lines of text below), and since then I've seen several larger signatures floating around, the same size or bigger than my previous signature was. I'm afraid to touch my signature or add to it for fear I'll be told it's too large again, but I really don't get it.
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 04:37 PM   #103
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Grace,

At 69 pixels tall, you could probably afford to have one or two single lines of size #1 or possibly size #2 text. It's the spacing between the lines that often makes many signatures too large. Why not send me a PM letting me know what you want, and I'll play around in the control panel and see if I can make it work?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:43 PM   #104
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I know the reason to limit the size of the signature, but I feel that this is going a bit too far.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 12:25 AM   #105
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Grace,

At 69 pixels tall, you could probably afford to have one or two single lines of size #1 or possibly size #2 text. It's the spacing between the lines that often makes many signatures too large. Why not send me a PM letting me know what you want, and I'll play around in the control panel and see if I can make it work?
Thanks for the offer, but I'll just leave it. I used to add a line or two of text listing my current giveaway, so I'd change it every so often. I think I had the equivalent of three lines of text (small font, but perhaps bolded) added on when it needed to be changed. I appreciate your offer, though, thanks
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote