Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 10:21 AM   #1
loves_oi
loves_oi began at the beginning.

Device: sony
Unhappy my reader's screen and on/off button is broken :((

hello i have a sony book reader i bought it one year ago and there was no problem , i haven't used it for 3-4 months and today i opened it to use .However screen looks like broken . Here is a link which shows the problem. Also , on/off button doesn't work too. I can't shut down now, however It turned on after charging. What does the problem related to? Does it cost too much??

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/21/screen2jd.jpg

Last edited by loves_oi; 10-13-2012 at 10:34 AM.
loves_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
link doesn't work

if it's an image you can attach it right here
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:30 AM   #3
loves_oi
loves_oi began at the beginning.

Device: sony
i updateed it http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/21/screen2jd.jpg

Last edited by loves_oi; 10-13-2012 at 10:38 AM.
loves_oi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 PM   #4
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Definitely symptom of fractured screen substrate... requires new screen, better to buy new reader even if you can get screen replaced - it won't be cheap...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 05:50 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
I added a book that made mine look like that. Try another book!

Try the reset botton! That might bring it back! I havent used my sony T1 in 2-3 weeks the books on it look the same as yours I turned it off ...no deal then I tried the reset at the bottom....need to use a paper clip. It back to life LOL

Last edited by Barbara1955; 10-13-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:40 AM   #6
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
The picture is so bad it's hard to tell
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Probably won't help, but try a reset and if possible another book.

Mny credit cards offer two year warrenty so if you bought with credit card you might check on that.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote