Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-28-2004, 01:19 PM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Firefox IE

Firefox IE is devoted to those users who want to switch from IE to Firefox, but are too afraid from the technical changes. In 15 steps the author explains how to install and upgrade Firefox so it "feels" like IE.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2004, 10:48 PM   #2
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
If you follow the links you can find this wonderful resource:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2004, 02:19 PM   #3
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco
If you follow the links you can find this wonderful resource:
http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php
WOW! That is one of the coolest things that I have seen for a while. That's going straight into SmartList. Never know when something like this might help diagnose a problem. Or just satisfy my curiosity!
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2004, 10:22 PM   #4
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Regarding #14. Security settings:
Please, someone tell me why this new settings make Firefox safer. If so, shouldn't these be the default values?

EDIT:
I've found it. This is to disable Javascript to do ugly things like not letting you close windows, resize them, etc.

Last edited by Francesco; 08-30-2004 at 11:20 AM.
Old 08-30-2004, 12:44 PM   #5
Francesco
Aficionado

Ignatz, would you share your startup smartlist?

Last edited by Francesco; 08-30-2004 at 07:22 PM.
Advert
Old 08-30-2004, 12:53 PM   #6
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sure. I haven't done it yet, but I will in the next few days I reckon. Once I get it done I'll be happy to post it.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
Francesco
Aficionado

Have you tried this one?
http://www.dataviz.com/products/smar...tml?smart=1914
I think it is related to what you do.
Old 08-30-2004, 01:57 PM   #8
ignatz
mechanoholic

Thanks, I hadn't seen that. But I do in person service, so this doesn't really apply to me too much. I didn't realize how many templates were available on the site! I'll have to pick through them for ideas.
Old 08-30-2004, 05:58 PM   #9
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
When I did an upgrade of several of my Firebird extensions today, I found this new extension which is pretty cool:

http://weatherfox.mozdev.org/

Have you local weather forecast displayed in Firebird's status bar.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 12:14 AM   #10
ignatz
mechanoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander
When I did an upgrade of several of my Firebird extensions today, I found this new extension which is pretty cool:

http://weatherfox.mozdev.org/

Have you local weather forecast displayed in Firebird's status bar.
I likes this too. I've installed at home...
Old 02-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #11
Francesco
Aficionado

The original Firefox IE link (http://www.websitepromotion.ws/firefox/index.html) is no longer working.
You can find that information here, instead.
It is interesting, even if you don't want to transform FF into IE... I mean, who does?