Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 08:41 PM   #136
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3
Lol, $360?

Anyways, screw the professional tools, I've manned up and shaved the edge of a credit card and tore this sucker apart: http://t.co/bsW78dEI
yifanlu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #137
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector
yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yifanlu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, very suspicious. An unconnected port the same size and shape as the unsoldered serial port on the kindle 4. http://t.co/dleUEMIz

Can someone tell me the name of that kind of port so I can buy a cable that plugs into it?
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #138
ramirami
ramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by yifanlu View Post
Lol, $360?

Anyways, screw the professional tools, I've manned up and shaved the edge of a credit card and tore this sucker apart: http://t.co/bsW78dEI
Dude soon she will give me answer if it is supported.

if is is supported maybe it will be possible to ask for donation regarding this
cause this can lead us to jailbreaking the device.

Tell me what you think about it.
ramirami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #139
ramirami
ramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheeseramirami can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramirami View Post

Dude OMG it is supported for the specific flash !

Take a look inside pdf page 8

It supports SDIN5C2-4G !!!

Dude we need to arrange 350$ by donation , are you with me?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SPDCM.pdf (310.4 KB, 1916 views)
Old 12-01-2011, 08:57 PM   #140
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

Quote:

It would be easier and cheaper to connect to the serial port and dump the NAND using the kindle's firmware. You need an industrial reflower to use that emmc to mmc adapter anyways.
Advert
Old 12-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #141
SladeWeston
SladeWeston began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 4
Has anyone tried this and if so, does it work. Obviously rooting would be great, but if this works at least we can loose the ads.
SladeWeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #142
ramirami

Quote:
It would be easier and cheaper to connect to the serial port and dump the NAND using the kindle's firmware. You need an industrial reflower to use that emmc to mmc adapter anyways.
Can you please elaborate on how it is possible to be connected via serial connection?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #143
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

Quote:
Can you please elaborate on how it is possible to be connected via serial connection?
So far, every single kindle since the kindle 1 has a serial port. I'm sure the touch has one too and I think it's located in the picture I posted above. I just need a cable that connects to it to test it out.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #144
ramirami

Quote:
So far, every single kindle since the kindle 1 has a serial port. I'm sure the touch has one too and I think it's located in the picture I posted above. I just need a cable that connects to it to test it out.
Can you please upload the picture with the specific place (=please mark it) that you think there is serial connection interface.?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 PM   #145
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

http://t.co/dleUEMIz

See where there's a small port with three prongs? I think that's tx, rx, and gnd, but I can't say for sure until I test it.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:15 PM   #146
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Hmm, very suspicious. An unconnected port the same size and shape as the unsoldered serial port on the kindle 4. http://t.co/dleUEMIz

Can someone tell me the name of that kind of port so I can buy a cable that plugs into it?
It sure looks like Rx, Tx and GND (not necessarily in that order).

Those pins look like the spring loaded pins on a Palm m505 charging cradle (except not as many pins). They may be flexible to keep contact with a ribbon cable.

It even looks like a thin flat flex cable could be slid in the over those pins without removing the cover.

So, my "educated" guess is that you do not need a connector, but that you would slide between the cover and the connector pins a flat flex cable like this:
http://www.ocp.com/ffc/index.html
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:23 PM   #147
yifanlu
Kindle Dissector

It's the same connector as the speakers so I just need to find the name of that connector so I can buy one.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:30 PM   #148
ramirami

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
It sure looks like Rx, Tx and GND (not necessarily in that order).

Those pins look like the spring loaded pins on a Palm m505 charging cradle (except not as many pins). They may be flexible to keep contact with a ribbon cable.

It even looks like a thin flat flex cable could be slid in the over those pins without removing the cover.

So, my "educated" guess is that you do not need a connector, but that you would slide between the cover and the connector pins a flat flex cable like this:
http://www.ocp.com/ffc/index.html
What happend when you were connected with serial connection in oldest kindle version.

What did you see?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #149
ramirami

Quote:
It's the same connector as the speakers so I just need to find the name of that connector so I can buy one.
Dude I have this circuit:
http://www.sparkfun.com/products/718

Do you think i can connect with it to my comp?
Old 12-01-2011, 09:39 PM   #150
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
@yifanlu: have you seen these photos yet:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/5159/a...ouch-3g-review

@ramirami: that device looks like it uses logic levels for 3.3v and 5v TTL (3.3v and 5v TTL use the same logic levels). Different logic levels are used for 2.5v and 1.8v TTL, like used in the newer kindles. It might still work, but no guarantees.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-01-2011 at 09:42 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote