Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

View Poll Results: How do you use Duokan Lite generally?
from the boot screen 127 34.32%
with launchpad hotkeys 34 9.19%
haven't used yet 209 56.49%
Voters: 370. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-18-2011, 12:00 PM   #136
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
weekly update

Version:Lite1118.2582.rtm
File Size:42.40MB
Suitable Models:Kindle 3
Updated:2011.11.18

Download:click here

You can also update with WiFi:
0. Load Duokan from the boot screen
1. connect WiFi
2. (if it doesn't prompt for the update) System Settings >> check update.

Quote:
Updates this week:
New features:
Could modify the name of book in the "About This Book" interface

Improvements:
Sort the directory under the cursor can cycle through
Optimize the design of the title bar of the home directory, the interface is more simple and landscaping

Fix the problem:
Fixed hours TTS voice volume adjustment problems no significant change
Fixed charge marking does not show the charge
Fixed network operations and out through the screen saver, the main menu to display menu interface is not exactly the problem.
As usual , you should use this page or this email address: kindleuser@duokan.com to send your feedbacks.
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #137
howyoudoin
how YOU doin?
howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.howyoudoin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, iPad Pro 10.5”, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Libra 2
Are there any plans to make the lite version support CHM and DJVU?
howyoudoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #138
Kozzi
Enthusiast
Kozzi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Aura H2O
Does Duokan Lite support manga reading ?
Kozzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 12:34 PM   #139
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
Does Duokan Lite support manga reading ?
Duokan Lite supports zip and rar formats for pictures. And it has some split and zoom functions for pdfs. (I don't know much about Manga. )
Old 11-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #140
Kozzi
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
Duokan Lite supports zip and rar formats for pictures. And it has some split and zoom functions for pdfs. (I don't know much about Manga. )
Thanks for your reply. I mean cbz files, which is basically renamed zip files, wonder if Duokan recognize them. What I need is the ability to remember the last page read (kindle os use "*.manga_save" file-format for this). I heard Duokan team were implementing mobi support into the software some time ago, does the latest version has it yet ? (can't find changelog from their website). Will whispersync work when you have Duokan Lite running ?
Old 11-18-2011, 01:24 PM   #141
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I mean cbz files, which is basically renamed zip files, wonder if Duokan recognize them. What I need is the ability to remember the last page read (kindle os use "*.manga_save" file-format for this).
Nope
Quote:
I heard Duokan team were implementing mobi support into the software some time ago, does the latest version has it yet ? (can't find changelog from their website).
They say its in an upcoming version, however not this one. They also talk about December, so I'd say either next week or following that.
Quote:
Will whispersync work when you have Duokan Lite running ?
Nope
Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #142
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Thanks for your reply. I mean cbz files, which is basically renamed zip files, wonder if Duokan recognize them. What I need is the ability to remember the last page read (kindle os use "*.manga_save" file-format for this).
You can use this wish list for these requests
Old 11-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #143
tvjohn
Connoisseur
tvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of lighttvjohn is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle 3, K4NT
Quote:
..I mean cbz files, which is basically renamed zip files, wonder if Duokan recognize them. What I need is the ability to remember the last page read (kindle os use "*.manga_save" file-format for this). ...
As you point out - "rename"

I've just added .zip to a .cbz comic file name & DK L is quite happy to display it all, & yes, like all other "documents", DK L remembers where you were & returns to that page when you reopen it some time later.

As DK L originates from Asia, you would expect manga support, & in fact, pressing the font size button on K3 even has "Comic" as one of the selections, including 2 page layout (but you'll need good eyesight ) & either left to right or right to left page advance.

I suspect the DK L team just forgot to include .cbz as a valid extension, so doubtless it will be there for a future release.

Comics still work fine on today's release of firmware mentioned earlier by thomass.

HTH.
tvjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #144
Kozzi
Enthusiast

I lurked on their cn website and they seem to have an alternative for whispersync using @iduokan.com, registering needed.

thanks to Serpentine, thomass and tvjohn
Old 11-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #145
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
I lurked on their cn website and they seem to have an alternative for whispersync using @iduokan.com, registering needed.

thanks to Serpentine, thomass and tvjohn
Registering is quite easy on DLite: System Settings> Account Center>Register
Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #146
soyrod
soyrod began at the beginning.

Device: none
someone knows how to handle the dictionaries properly in DuoKan? Becouse I can put them in the proper folder, but I don't know how the system knows if I'm reading an english text or a French one.

It'd be useful too if someone knows where can we download those kind of dictionaries

Thank you!
soyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:40 AM   #147
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by soyrod View Post
It'd be useful too if someone knows where can we download those kind of dictionaries
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php
you can google as stardict dictionary
Old 11-20-2011, 08:06 AM   #148
soyrod
soyrod began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
http://xdxf.revdanica.com/down/index.php
you can google as stardict dictionary
Thank you for your answer!
soyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 11:42 PM   #149
Notrite
Enthusiast
Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Notrite , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: PB360+
Is there a zoom in/out functionality for image viewing?
Notrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 01:31 PM   #150
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notrite View Post
Is there a zoom in/out functionality for image viewing?
unfortunately there isn't.

Tags
doukan, duokan, duokan lite, epub, information, keyboard, kindle keyboard, mod, pdf