Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-12-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
travisp
travisp began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Converting Sleepyhead from mobi to epub overlapping text.

I am a Calibre rookie so I might need some help on what to do. I have got a mobi retail version of the Mark Billingham novel, Sleepyhead. I have tried to convert it to epub so I can read on my Sony Reader. However, after conversion most of the text in the book is overlapping and making some sentences unreadable. Can anybody give me how I can fix this.
travisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisp View Post
I am a Calibre rookie so I might need some help on what to do. I have got a mobi retail version of the Mark Billingham novel, Sleepyhead. I have tried to convert it to epub so I can read on my Sony Reader. However, after conversion most of the text in the book is overlapping and making some sentences unreadable. Can anybody give me how I can fix this.
:Welcome: to MR

I tend to use Sigil to fix problems, where I get to see the code (and results).

Overlapping lines, might be a line-height: setting in the CSS (normally I need no setting, the defaults work).
Does the overlap change with Zoom Level? The height may be set in an absolute value, instead of a % or em (which scale)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2012, 02:04 PM   #3
travisp

I have tried all the sizes and some sentences still overlap. Even in XXL more. I will try about the line-height and let you know.
Old 05-12-2012, 06:40 PM   #4
travisp

I have made some progress as I had to increase the minimum line height to 170% so it doesn't have any overlapping sentences. I noticed on Sigil I can remove the formatting so it removed the overlapping sentences but is there a way I can remove the formatting for the entire book rather that doing it page by page?
Old 05-12-2012, 06:45 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by travisp View Post
I have made some progress as I had to increase the minimum line height to 170% so it doesn't have any overlapping sentences. I noticed on Sigil I can remove the formatting so it removed the overlapping sentences but is there a way I can remove the formatting for the entire book rather that doing it page by page?
Switch to Code View and look at the style coding (name), then find that name in the CSS.
Fix the CSS and you are done.

Start with a version that you have NOT done style stuff with in Book View. (that makes a jumble of CSS and inline styling )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #6
travisp

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Switch to Code View and look at the style coding (name), then find that name in the CSS.
Fix the CSS and you are done.

Start with a version that you have NOT done style stuff with in Book View. (that makes a jumble of CSS and inline styling )
Many thanks for your help. I have managed to track down the style coding and fixed it. It now looks like a proper epub.

Thanks again!