Notices

Old 08-20-2010, 01:45 PM   #1
krish
Connoisseur
krish began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 302, Kindle 3(Wifi), Sony PRS-950
Cool new models from Pocketbook!!

Thanks to igorsk and Billard.

All images of 602, 603, 902, 902 & IQ are officially released!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95359
krish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:53 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Pics are good.
Specs would be better.
Software details would be best.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 02:19 PM   #3
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
looks like they were made for right handed readers... or one handed readers.
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:39 PM   #4
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
As with all PocketBook models you will be able to change the orientation of the device and map the various button functions for handling however you wish.

personally , i'm right handed and most often hold my reader in my left hand so i can reach my drink etc with my right.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:59 PM   #5
acanthicus
Connoisseur
acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.acanthicus can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-350, PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
As with all PocketBook models you will be able to change the orientation of the device and map the various button functions for handling however you wish.

personally , i'm right handed and most often hold my reader in my left hand so i can reach my drink etc with my right.
I know that I can change the orientation and map the buttons as I own a Pocketbook, but I change my "reading hand" every couple of pages, should I change orientation and button-mapping every time I switch hands? And I think the sensor or automatic orientation is not useful when you're lying in bed and reading "horizontally".
The PB301 has buttons on the left side; one of them I had assigned to page forward. These buttons are not really comfortable to use, but my left fingertip had to learn to push it
acanthicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
I have a love-hate relationship with the G-sensor. There are times when I switch it off completely, and there are times when I use the buttonless page-flipping and I love it. However, I wish that there is a shortcut to switch it on and off at will (possibly it could be done on one of the "widgets"?). Right now it's quite boring to have to go through menus in order to deactivate it.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #7
capidamonte
Not who you think I am...
capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.capidamonte can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: PocketBook 360 -- Ivory
No wing buttons? Boring.
capidamonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #8
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
I bought a PB360 a few months ago so I'm not really in the market, but I was hoping they would continue with the more ergonomic design (similar to the 360) for at least one reader. Maybe this is not the complete new line?
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:28 PM   #9
Francesco
Aficionado
Francesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enoughFrancesco will become famous soon enough

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Pics are good.
Specs would be better.
Software details would be best.
Prices would be FANTASTIC
Francesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 02:31 AM   #10
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by celemark View Post
I bought a PB360 a few months ago so I'm not really in the market, but I was hoping they would continue with the more ergonomic design (similar to the 360) for at least one reader. Maybe this is not the complete new line?
I agree with you about ergonomic design.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:46 AM   #11
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
They've said they have still an ace in their sleeve... maybe the IFA will tell.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #12
jerald
jerald began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
it's cool
jerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 07:09 AM   #13
Verres
Zealot
Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Verres , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
They stated somewhere that a new version of the PB 360 should come out late in 2011.
Verres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #14
celemark
Enthusiast
celemark doesn't littercelemark doesn't litter

Device: EBookwise-1150, PocketBook 360, Kindle 3 SO 3G, PocketBook Touch Lux 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verres View Post
They stated somewhere that a new version of the PB 360 should come out late in 2011.
That's good news, the 360 does too many things right to let it die after just one generation.
celemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #15
SkyDream
Wizard
SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.SkyDream can eat soup with a fork.

Device: PRS-650, iPod touch 4G, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francesco View Post
Prices would be FANTASTIC
The german pocketbook thread contains some words from PocketBook about price ranges.
Look <here>.
SkyDream is offline   Reply With Quote