Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-07-2012, 09:54 PM   #361
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
So how is it?! And how come you got two covers?
well, I will be getting a second one for my hubby, but what happened was my preferred colour cover (persimmon) wasn't going to ship until October 23. So I ordered the purple as soon as it was released a few days ago as it was for "immediate" delivery. Then, for some reason, the persimmon cover shipped three weeks early and by the time that happened, I couldn't cancel as it went from Oct 23 to "shipping soon" and not cancellable.

The PPW is exactly what i expected having read the reviews. Much better than the touch, which I didnt like and sold fairly quickly and went back to the keyboard. The PPW is very responsive, does exactly what you want it to do and is very intuitive. yes, there are shadows at the bottom and they get better (or worse) depending on the light setting and the light of the room you are in. I went under the stairs where is it very dark and the PPW is really very good in the dark. It's a keeper! I love the covers too - they have done a great design job with these.

Last edited by Pushka; 10-07-2012 at 09:57 PM.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #362
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Glad you're happy! How is the color on your persimmon cover? In pics people have posted it looks quite red and not really orange at all. Is yours the same?
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2012, 11:27 PM   #363
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
Glad you're happy! How is the color on your persimmon cover? In pics people have posted it looks quite red and not really orange at all. Is yours the same?
I love the colour - I still think it is Orange, but with more a red hue than a yellow hue I think best describes it. It looks orange when placed next to red, so there isn't more than a dash of red in it! it's really nice!
Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 PM   #364
SubElement
Connoisseur
SubElement began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle International
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushka View Post
Mine is here! In Australia.
So jealous! Mine hasn't even left Amazon yet...
SubElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:13 AM   #365
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I love the colour - I still think it is Orange, but with more a red hue than a yellow hue I think best describes it. It looks orange when placed next to red, so there isn't more than a dash of red in it! it's really nice!
I loved the color when I saw it in user pics, it's so pretty! I considered exchanging my fuschia for it, but then I love the fuschia too soo..
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2012, 01:44 AM   #366
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I loved the color when I saw it in user pics, it's so pretty! I considered exchanging my fuschia for it, but then I love the fuschia too soo..
I ordered the persimmon in the hopes that is almost red. Fuchsia was my second choice, but it looks too much like T-mobile branding
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #367
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara, Voyage, Oasis, Paperwhite & PRS-650
Quote:
DHL - it left Florida Wednesday afternoon (USA time) and arrived into the Aussie depot at 3pm Saturday having cleared customs; but the depot closes for collection at 12.30 Saturday so had to wait until today (Monday). Cost of bringing 7lbs package (kindle, 2 covers, some books, clothing etc - about 10 items in all) was $65 USD.
Jeez! I'm in Florida and I'm still waiting for mine. According to AMZN it should arrive tomorrow, but my persimmon cover hasn't shipped yet.
SolRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:29 AM   #368
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolRaven View Post
Jeez! I'm in Florida and I'm still waiting for mine. According to AMZN it should arrive tomorrow, but my persimmon cover hasn't shipped yet.
You'll [probably] still beat me. Mine is scheduled for Friday, though a tracking update shows it just 30 miles away as of this afternoon. I hope they somehow manage to get it here, but I suspect they'll just leave it sitting on a pallet somewhere for most of the week like they did at the last stop.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #369
SolRaven
Wizard
SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SolRaven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
DHL - it left Florida Wednesday afternoon (USA time) and arrived into the Aussie depot at 3pm Saturday having cleared customs; but the depot closes for collection at 12.30 Saturday so had to wait until today (Monday). Cost of bringing 7lbs package (kindle, 2 covers, some books, clothing etc - about 10 items in all) was $65 USD.

I have a Prime account with Amazon so the kindle arrived into my USA box on Tuesday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
You'll [probably] still beat me. Mine is scheduled for Friday, though a tracking update shows it just 30 miles away as of this afternoon. I hope they somehow manage to get it here, but I suspect they'll just leave it sitting on a pallet somewhere for most of the week like they did at the last stop.
Yeah, mine has been sitting for 3 days and it's about 30 min. away as well. It's like Chinese water torture.
Old 10-08-2012, 02:56 AM   #370
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
Yes, mine has been sitting somewhere ~40 miles from its destination all friday without moving too. If they say they will deliver monday they will deliver monday it seems.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:52 AM   #371
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Mine just arrived. I was really worried about the blotches, but although it has the shades on the lower line due to the LED, there are no blotches, colour hues or anything. It is charging right now, but I think it is a keeper

My K4NT seems so dark now.....

I did not need to register it, it was all done for me, the books I had sent to it are on it and I have full access to my local amazon shop and can buy directly there without having to go through the browser.

I will play more with it later and then will think about buying the official cover or not.

Last edited by aceflor; 10-08-2012 at 06:01 AM.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 05:31 AM   #372
Pushka
Wizard

I did order with five hours of the announcement though so I was in the first wave of orders.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #373
Psykhe
Connoisseur
Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psykhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle4, KindlePW
I as well, but it still only got shipped at the 3rd. Maybe because I ordererd without Special Offers.
Psykhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 AM   #374
shima
読みすぎる
shima began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I ordered without special offers in mid-September and mine won't be here until the 24th... My cover though came on release day, lol.
shima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #375
SolRaven
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Mine just arrived. I was really worried about the blotches, but although it has the shades on the lower line due to the LED, there are no blotches, colour hues or anything. It is charging right now, but I think it is a keeper
That's good to know. Mine is "Out for Delivery" and my persimmon cover's status has changed to "Shipping Soon!"