Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #31
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCION View Post
Wow. That's unsavory, removing links. I noticed a comment was deleted, but didn't realize it had that info that was mentioned in an earlier post. Very shady practices. Like I mentioned in another post, there's no accountability there.
The removed comment was re-posted. I grabbed a screen shot before it's deleted again.

Quote:
... a minute ago
Here is the link to the new management team in Japan:

http://global.rakuten.com/investor/p...anagement.html

I encourage anyone who is having problems with Kobo customer service to reach out beyond the customer service team. It is up to management to communicate that there is a problem with the server and an estimated fix time as well as customer compensation plans.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 24.png
Views:	267
Size:	141.2 KB
ID:	78814  

Last edited by SCION; 11-10-2011 at 09:32 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #32
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone, Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo, iPad mini, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura
Still not fixed this morning

Thank you for the link SCION

Last edited by estelle58; 11-10-2011 at 10:09 AM.
estelle58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 10:50 AM   #33
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
I am having the same issue, many of my books are just not showing up in my library.
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #34
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6

Quote:
Lee Akins (Official Rep) 5 minutes ago
All,

First and foremost, my personal apologies for the lack of response on Kobo's behalf.

I appreciate the frustration this is causing each of you and assure you we are treating this issue with the utmost urgency to isolate and correct.

We recently made some upgrades to the Kobo.com site which has affected some customers not being able to view or access some of their eBooks in their library.

Please know:
• Your books are secure – the issue affects the display and accessibility to the eBooks in your library
• We will be working directly with customers affected to reinstate their accessibility

I will provide updates throughout the course of the day (even if it is just to advise we're still working to resolve) until the issue is corrected.

Regards,
Lee Akins
Director, Customer Care
Seems you have to threaten them in order to get a formal response with some sort of meaningful info. Unreal. Sad when you have a director responding in a customer support forum.

Last edited by SCION; 11-10-2011 at 11:02 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:18 AM   #35
estelle58
Cat lover
estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.estelle58 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for the update SCION
Advert
Old 11-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #36
estelle58
Cat lover

it seems that there is some progress going on... I was able to put a book back in my reading list by selecting it in the bying section... I will see if it downloads on my Vox tonight... since it's the book I'm currently reading on my other devices I really want to have access to it on my Vox. I can be patient for the other ones now that I know someone is working on a resolution for the library problems
Old 11-10-2011, 06:21 PM   #37
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
it seems that there is some progress going on... I was able to put a book back in my reading list by selecting it in the bying section... I will see if it downloads on my Vox tonight... since it's the book I'm currently reading on my other devices I really want to have access to it on my Vox. I can be patient for the other ones now that I know someone is working on a resolution for the library problems
I have a feeling the network failures and abrupt disconnections may have corrupted my KT sqlite DB.. So I'm going to back it up and remove it from my KT, do a restart and see what happens.. Wish me luck!! (X_X)

UPDATE: No good.. Though it creates a new sqlite DB it gets stuck at about 64% of "Processing Contents".. Restored the DB using the backup I made before removal.

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-10-2011 at 08:49 PM.
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:40 PM   #38
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Lee Akins (Official Rep) 1 hour ago
6:15pm update

We believe we have corrected the issue and have deployed the fix to a live production environment.

At this time, please feel free to sync your library and notify me (via this post) should you encounter any challenges.

Please note: we anticipate customers with large libraries may experience a delay in the initial download or syncing.

On behalf of Kobo, I would like to once again apologize for the absence of communication during this downtime and the inconvenience incurred by all.

Over the next day or so, either myself or a member of my team will follow-up with each of you to verify your library is fully accessible.

Regards,
Lee Akins
Director, Customer Care
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #39
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mostly Math View Post
Lee Akins (Official Rep) 1 hour ago
6:15pm update

We believe we have corrected the issue and have deployed the fix to a live production environment.

At this time, please feel free to sync your library and notify me (via this post) should you encounter any challenges.

Please note: we anticipate customers with large libraries may experience a delay in the initial download or syncing.

On behalf of Kobo, I would like to once again apologize for the absence of communication during this downtime and the inconvenience incurred by all.

Over the next day or so, either myself or a member of my team will follow-up with each of you to verify your library is fully accessible.

Regards,
Lee Akins
Director, Customer Care
Have tried syncing with both the desktop App on Windows and my Kobo Touch.. No luck on either end over 2 different Wireless access points.. Same result as before, Connections fail during syncing but no problems using the web browser. Assume cause is still something to do with connection to Kobo specifically.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #40
estelle58
Cat lover

Everything looks ok here
Old 11-10-2011, 09:14 PM   #41
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by estelle58 View Post
Everything looks ok here
Maybe the changes have to propagate to the servers.. I'll try again later.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:33 PM   #42
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xennex1170 View Post
Have tried syncing with both the desktop App on Windows and my Kobo Touch.. No luck on either end over 2 different Wireless access points.. Same result as before, Connections fail during syncing but no problems using the web browser. Assume cause is still something to do with connection to Kobo specifically.
Yep, I've got the same as you and have (had? ) the same hope re: propagating to servers. When did your actual connection fail error (as opposed to missing book error) start?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:47 PM   #43
Xennex1170
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
Yep, I've got the same as you and have (had? ) the same hope re: propagating to servers. When did your actual connection fail error (as opposed to missing book error) start?
I think about last Thursday or Friday for my Kobo Touch, about 2 weeks before that for my Kobo Desktop App (Windows).. I think I had also started a magazine and newspaper subscription about Tuesday or Wednesday and noticed no new issues of the newspaper were arriving since the first one on Nov.2.

Since practically all my Kobo ebooks in my Reading Now list are free ebooks I'm going to try deleting them all then add a few back by bookmarking some ebooks in the purchased section, then resync.. Gonna take a while 860 books to delete.

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2011, 02:04 AM   #44
Xennex1170
Addict

Ah.. My Kobo Desktop is now working properly so I figure the changes have propagated to the server in my area.. I'm just going to do a full reset now since I was having a minor problem with the USB connection cutting out when connected to the Desktop for Syncing a while back. Worked fine over Wifi so figured it was a minor DB corruption.. Since my Kobo library on my device is mostly not there anyway it's a good opportunity to refresh my device and make sure I have most of my books on the SD card where it won't matter if the Kobo Servers go haywire again.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:07 AM   #45
Xennex1170
Addict

Hmm.. I guess if you have too many books in your I'm Reading section the Desktop App (and syncing your KT via the Desktop App) limits the number of books downloaded to 560.. (I tried uninstalling the desktop App and reinstalling at home three times and twice at work).. I'll try syncing my KT over Wifi at work tomorrow, which in my experience before the server problems, downloaded all 800 or so books I have in my I'm Reading section.

SIDE NOTE (May only be applicable to those with I'm Reading libraries larger than 560).. I noticed also that if I should attempt syncing my KT via the Desktop App a 2nd time after the initial firmware download and ebook library sync (which nets only 560 ebooks - see above) a USB error occurs kicking my KT off my computer and causes some kind of minor problem where in the future when you connect your KT to a computer for more than charging, you NEED to press the front bottom button in order for it to return to your home page after disconnecting. Then you need to power down and power back up to have the KT recognize any ebooks you may have added. If you had added any books via ADE you will have to copy the ebooks from the Digital Editions folder on the KT to your SD card for them to also be recognized.

Last edited by Xennex1170; 11-14-2011 at 05:10 AM.