Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 06:41 PM   #1
SteveDuck
SteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook STR
Nook STR: Outdoorsy Storage Cases & Protection

Looking to purchase an outdoorsy case for my new Nook STR. Something somewhat rugged, which can provide protection while bouncing around inside a backpack or bike bag. Water protection would be a plus as would a nice fit for the device...perhaps a bit of extra room for the charger..or not.

The market for device specific cases looks a bit thin at the moment.

I was considering a TrendyDigital WaterGuard. My new nook is unusable thru a plastic ziplock bag, so the WaterGuard is out...unless others try it and report good usability.

Amazon is advertising a "CaseCrown Hard Case Cover for Barnes and Noble Simple Touch Reader Nook NEW", which is listed on the CaseCrown website as a generic e-reader case. I'm skeptical about fit of the smaller form factor.

What are you using?

Last edited by SteveDuck; 06-10-2011 at 06:51 PM.
SteveDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 01:15 PM   #2
trekchick
Lurker
trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.trekchick can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Sonys and Kindles and Nooks, oh my!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDuck View Post
... I'm skeptical about fit of the smaller form factor.

What are you using?

I'd be skeptical, too. My experience with general purposes cases is that as long as the case closes with the device inside, the manufacturers say that it "fits", regardless of how much extra sloshing room is left over.

I'm using a neoprene envelope by BUILT http://www.builtny.com/neoprene-e-re...ches-prod.html

I have the City Grid pattern (because I wasn't hot for the dots and my Best Buy didn't have the solid black).

It has a soft lining against the screen and a little pocket where I keep a microfiber cloth. There's no hardened substrate, but the multiple soft layers on the screen side seem good enough for my purposes.
trekchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #3
Joust
Joust doesn't litterJoust doesn't litter

Device: nook STR
Amazon Nook STR CaseCrown Cover Description Not Accurate

I am confirming that the CaseCrown Hard Case Cover for Barnes and Noble Simple Touch Reader Nook NEW sold on the Amazon Market by Senyx LLC is actually CaseCrown Border's KOBO Wireless eReader cover. The interior straps will not fit the NOOK STR since the cover is too long. I ordered it from Amazon a week ago, received it today and am returning it ASAP.

Also, I now note that the web link to the description of the "Kobo" CaseCrown cover as a "Nook STR" cover has been discontinued by Amazon or the merchant.
Joust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
SteveDuck
SteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-booksSteveDuck has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nook STR
I sure wish Amazon had a better method of vetting their Marketplace vendors.

Joust: I hope your return goes smoothly.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback, keep it coming!
SteveDuck is offline   Reply With Quote