Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 05:11 PM   #1
randyharris
randyharris began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
What is this on the nook STR?

Just got my new nook to replace 1st Gen last night. Don't have the manual handy and can't seem to locate one online.

Can somebody clue me in as to what this badge icon is and how it functions.

If I am reading a book and single touch in the middle of the screen, the top of the nook shows the book name, battery level, time, and this badge. I can touch it to turn it to a black instead of white - but I have no idea what it is.

Thanks!

randyharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:14 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Looks like it might be a bookmark, not sure though since I have never owned a Nook.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
It's a bookmark. The User Guide should be on your device.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #4
randyharris
randyharris began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
Thanks - it is a bookmark! When I press the center of the screen, select MORE, then BOOKMARK, it lists the pages that I flagged with a bookmark.

Good to know...

Scion - I didn't see any screenshots in the nook manual on the device and without knowing what it was I had no way of finding it... quandary huh.

Thanks.
randyharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #5
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyharris View Post

Scion - I didn't see any screenshots in the nook manual on the device and without knowing what it was I had no way of finding it... quandary huh.

Guess you can tell I didn't read it, if I'm referring you to it for an answer. I knew because the interface is similar to the NOOkcolor which I have.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2011, 05:23 PM   #6
jedifarfy
Zealot
jedifarfy doesn't litterjedifarfy doesn't litter

Device: rooted nook color, nook wifi 1st edition
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nook/support/
jedifarfy is offline   Reply With Quote