Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #1
Oneiros
Edge User

Alternate root method / "1-click root"

Hi!

I'm an eDGe user from Sweden who's been lurking on the forums for while. I'd thought you all might like to know that "Universal Androot 1.6" seems to work on the eDGe (Dingo 1.0). Maybe this is old news, but I haven't found anything on the forum.

I've just tried it, and it installs without throwing any error messages. The superuser APK works, and I´ve tested Root Explorer so far. Unrooting also seems to work.

Download the apk from:
http://blog.23corner.com/2010/08/30/...ta-5/#more-407

Only drawback might be that it´s too easy to root. Usual caveats apply, don't do this unless you know why you're doing it. Don't blame me, Entourage or the person who coded it if you break your eDGe.

Further reading:
http://www.androidpolice.com/2010/08...reak-and-more/

Note (from androidpolice)
"This application just gives you root and does not unlock the /system partition or the boot loader on those devices that have them locked, such as the Droid X.

This means it will let you run apps that require root access. It may not necessarily allow flashing of custom ROMs or deleting preinstalled apps."