Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #1
dam1952
dam1952 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Problem with Installing on Windows XP

Just downloaded version 0.8.3 on an Acer Aspire 1 (Windows XP) and I get a windows installer message: "This installer package could not be opened. Contact he application vendor to verify that this a is a valid Windows Installer Package".

I would appreciate suggestions on how to install Calibre on this computer; I'm at a loss at what to do.

Thanks

David
dam1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by dam1952 View Post
Just downloaded version 0.8.3 on an Acer Aspire 1 (Windows XP) and I get a windows installer message: "This installer package could not be opened. Contact he application vendor to verify that this a is a valid Windows Installer Package".

I would appreciate suggestions on how to install Calibre on this computer; I'm at a loss at what to do.

Thanks

David
Standard answers (that usually cure the problem 90% of the time):
Don't use a download manager.
Disable your (overactive) Antivirus until installed.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
help needed, installation, windows xp