Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
...but a glow model is also coming, or so they say on the Ukranian webpage...
Thank you for this info, Paola.
Even a 6 inch PB + glowlight would be nice, because I like my Pocketbooks a lot better than my KoboGlo, which seems to have a lot of minor bugs.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #17
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hekse-Mie View Post
Thank you for this info, Paola.
Even a 6 inch PB + glowlight would be nice, because I like my Pocketbooks a lot better than my KoboGlo, which seems to have a lot of minor bugs.
I also switched to Kobo (Mini) because of the premature death of my PB360, but don't I miss all the features of the Pocketbook!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:12 PM   #18
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
I also switched to Kobo (Mini) because of the premature death of my PB360, but don't I miss all the features of the Pocketbook!
Which features are you referring to?
(I'm not very familiar with Pocketbook at all, but I'd like to know what you guys like the most about the devices ...)
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #19
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad & PocketBook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by flips01 View Post
(I'm not very familiar with Pocketbook at all, but I'd like to know what you guys like the most about the devices ...)
Mostly things like the built in cover and easy customization. You have multiple reader programs, folder organization, a wide array of themes, fonts, artwork (e.g., boot screen), homebrew programs, tilt to turn pages as well as buttons, etc.
thersites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:06 AM   #20
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
with the Pocketbook you get options for sooo many things that you can really make it to work exactly as you want it. Not ideal for people who couldn't care less and prefer "simple", but once you get used to it, I suspect no other device can make you happy. You can make do with something else, but you won't be happy - well, I am not
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #21
flips01
Connoisseur
flips01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle DX
Ok. I assumed most Linux based versions was kinda customizable by default (Onyx, Bookeen etc), but I take it Pocketbook might be a step ahead, then ...
flips01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:55 PM   #22
thersites
Enthusiast
thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thersites ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad & PocketBook 360
Quote:
Ok. I assumed most Linux based versions was kinda customizable by default (Onyx, Bookeen etc), but I take it Pocketbook might be a step ahead, then ...
Those are highly customizable, although because the companies have chosen to keep most aspects open to this, not because it is linux-based. Several other readers, and many tablets, use a linux kernel, but restrict access to key components. I'm not sure at this point whether or not Pocketbook is a step ahead of Bookeen or Onyx on customizability (if I were looking to replace my 360, they'd both get serious consideration from me).

What distinguished the 360 in particular was that it was both so customizable and had (in the opinion of many) a great form factor (cover, shape, buttons, screen size, use of accelerometer). It was designed with a good deal of user input, which produced not only these features, but a sense that the company was very open to the end user. This created a lot of good will for many toward the company.
thersites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #23
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Best Reader ever made........
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:24 PM   #24
nausica
Connoisseur
nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!nausica has a thesaurus and is not afraid to use it!

Device: Energy Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidari View Post
Best Reader ever made........
I agree with this absolutely.
nausica is offline   Reply With Quote