Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-22-2012, 03:37 AM   #16
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppowell002 View Post
I'm new here and posted this issue on my introduction before I found this forum, sorry.
I use My Library to create a list of books I want to buy later. Today all my unpurchased or wish list books were missing. I have checked all the tabs... I'm Reading, Purchased and Trash but they are gone. This is terrible for me because that is the only record I keep of what I am going to buy read next. Has anyone else encountered this problem?
Thanks
I've had the exact same problem for several days now. They were all there one day, and gone the next.

I've gone back manually to the pages of some of the books I had saved for later (or clicked "get a preview" for) and the "get a preview" link/button is gone from them and they say they're in my library already. Except that they're not - only the books I've purchased (plus free books I've added and downloaded) are there.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #17
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Device: kobo glo hd
to YapYap

Now that you mention it, when I was saving a book to My Library last week I got a message it was already there but could not see it. That was the last time I looked until yesterday when all the unpurchased books were missing.

The customer care agent (email) at Kobo has now sent me two responses which make no sense...again, not reading/understanding what I am saying.

BTW, why did they change Add to Library to Get Preview, makes no sense. You do not get a preview, the book goes directly to My Library.
ppowell002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:37 AM   #18
Lordvic
Connoisseur
Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.Lordvic has met Morla.

Device: Blackberry Playbook
i had a bit fo a spat with them and their email support.

emails took 2-3 weeks to be returned. and even till the end it was 100% canned cut and paste response. Not a single live response. even down to the "we're sorry we are unable to meet your expectations" email after I told them in a very 'nice' way to buzz off and they've lost my business.

Their customer support is one of the worst in the business. They're losing enough customers from it
Lordvic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:23 PM   #19
Sharkus
Evangelist
Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sharkus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Original, WiFi, Touch, Aura, Aura H20, MiniGloHD ;) iOS app
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppowell002 View Post
BTW, why did they change Add to Library to Get Preview, makes no sense. You do not get a preview, the book goes directly to My Library.
It could be because the item that is added to your library is a preview and not a fully purchased book. If you were to download your library to, for example, the iOS application, the book you had added would appear as a preview.
Sharkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:09 PM   #20
coinín
dust bunny
coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coinín ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Sony PRS-650, BlackBerry PlayBook
I simply gave up.

After a fair amount of ignored emails, and posting on their getsatisfaction forum, and screenshots sent to no avail, I have entirely given up on the Kobo app for the BlackBerry PlayBook ever being of any use to me. I now download the file, strip the same DRM and load my purchases to a third party app which actually works as stated and has ongoing support and updates.
My actual Kobo eReader has been trouble-free, but the PlayBook app is worse than useless.
coinín is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM   #21
ppowell002
Connoisseur
ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.ppowell002 is no ebook tyro.

Get Preview link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
It could be because the item that is added to your library is a preview and not a fully purchased book. If you were to download your library to, for example, the iOS application, the book you had added would appear as a preview.
You can't download books/previews from My Library that have not been purchased. The only thing you can do is see a summary of the plot line and buy it for download. The item added to My Library is just the book icon on which you can click, the summary and the Buy Now button. There is nothing different since they changed Add to My Library to Get Preview so I can't understand what its purpose is. BTW I am not using Kobo Desktop application I am using Sony Reader Desktop application.

Today I tested the Get Preview on two books I was considering buying. When clicked, the message received is "Added to your library" but when I go to My Library the books are not there. Something is definitely wonky with Kobo.

Thread: Emails to Kobo help Reply to Thread
Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #22
ppowell002
Connoisseur

Get Preview

Issue has been escalated. Kobo can see all my unpurchased/preview books in My Library. They have had me check my Kobo mobile app and also download the Kobo desktop app then sync the library but I still cannot see the preview books in My Library. They have no idea why the books do not show up but are looking into it.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:14 AM   #23
sqdancer
Guru
sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sqdancer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony T2 T3, Kobo Glo, AuraHD, H2O, GloHD, Clara, Libra2, Kindle NT PW4
Get Preview

My previews have just reappeared.
sqdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #24
ppowell002
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdancer View Post
My previews have just reappeared.
So have mine! I am so pleased.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:36 PM   #25
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
YAY!!
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:43 PM   #26
Speckled28
Speckled28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
So....after emailing Kobo back and forth for a MONTH....about how my browser has barely been working since the last update (Kobo Touch).......they inform me that because the browser was a Beta version....they don't offer customer support for it! *insert exasperated face* A) then why bother including it.....b) why didn't you tell me that a month ago before you made me do factory resets, told me it was just an upgrade problem etc etc? The following is what I sent to them next.....

I don't mean to be rude, but are you kidding me? I was hoping to be able to have good things to say about your customer service but I am absolutely appalled. First of all, I contacted Kobo almost an entire MONTH ago......and have been exchanging several emails with you since then. In my very FIRST email I clearly stated that I owned a Kobo Touch and what my problems were. And after talking to me for an entire MONTH......suggesting I do factory resets etc etc etc I get a response saying that you
don't offer customer service for the web browser! Seriously?
A) Why wasn't I told that after my FIRST email?
B) No where on the Kobo package or inside does it say that your customer service is selective. I understand that the web browser is a beta version but if you had no intention of offering any customer support for it you should have made that very clear on the box......or better yet, not even included it in the Kobo Touch. Supported or not, when I purchased it everything worked fine.....and now it
doesn't.
C) Why is it that every single time I receive a response from Kobo customer support it tells me something completely different? First I'm told to do the resets......then I'm told the wifi problem is an issue they are aware of and working on......then I'm told to reset my wifi connection....and that you don't offer support for the browser. Well which is it?
D)Is anyone actually reading my emails.....or just glancing over them quickly? Like I said, I have clearly always stated that I own a Kobo
Touch....and after complaining on your website I got a response about how Kobo is sorry I'm having problems with my Kobo Vox. And my last response was concluded with "we apologize for the inconvenient".........not that I would normally care about a spelling mistake but it's just one more thing on the growing list.
I was so excited when I got my Kobo......and I really did love it, but am now sad to say that I feel like it was a complete waste of money and I would never recommend it anyone else. The product
itself is wonderful.....assuming nothing ever goes wrong with it and you never need to use the customer service. I can't even put into words how absolutely frustrated and disappointed I am with your services.....and I will be sharing my experiences with others so hopefully they can make a better product choice.

They responded today with this:

Hi Sarah,

We apologize for the problem you are having.

We were trying to attempt to see if there was anything to be done, but at the end of the day, the browser is only Beta and although we are happy to hear the feedback, we cannot guarantee it's full functional.

I will be happy to forward this to our Internal Resources for future consideration.

Sincerely,
The Kobo Team

Speckled28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:41 PM   #27
Wald07
Audiophile
Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wald07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexux7 2nd Gen & Kobo Touch
Hmm. Right IN my KT it says the featured "Extras" are not supported, including browser.

Such a disappointment, to go thru all that hassle. And to take a month to come up with such a lame response.
Wald07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #28
Orn8one
Groupie
Orn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipseOrn8one can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony 650 and Cool-er
I feel your pain 'speckled'. I use the beta browser to sync when away from my usual connection. It is fiddly to use, having to 'accept' t&c's from the wireless provider is fraught with difficulty. It is hopeless to use for anything else but the only way to sync when away. I imagine this is the only reason it is on the Touch. As a browser it's pathetic.
I have given up on Kobo Help. There is much more help from all the lovely people here.
Orn8one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #29
gwilki
gwilki began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox and kobo touch
I'll add another shoulder to cry on. We have both a Touch and a Vox. Both are excellent products. Neither is properly supported by Kobo. The only thing worse than their canned email replies are their canned people replies. It's too bad. The readers seem to be very good. However, I would never buy another Kobo product. The company clearly believes as other, failed companies have. Once they have your money, you're nobody.
gwilki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:44 AM   #30
Speckled28
Speckled28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wald07 View Post
Hmm. Right IN my KT it says the featured "Extras" are not supported, including browser.

Such a disappointment, to go thru all that hassle. And to take a month to come up with such a lame response.
Mine say that when I go to use those features as well......that's it's not "officially supported"......BUT I do think they could have made that much more clear.....like stating it on the outside of the box! lol. I didn't buy it for the browser...but knew there was a beta version on there that I'd hoped I could use a bit......I didn't know until I already purchased it that they don't offer customer service for those bits.

I think my bigger annoyance was just that it took them a month of back and forth and making me do entire resets just to tell me they don't offer service for it. :S

Drat! lol
Speckled28 is offline   Reply With Quote