Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 02:25 PM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
DX not updating farthest page read

I have been on the phone with Amazon for a while now trying to figure this out... actually I am on hold right now

Here is what happens...
I read on my iPhone and my Kindle recognizes the furthest page read as do all other devices... and I have an iPhone, Ipod Touch, Kindle for Mac and PC...

I read on my DX and then put it down none of my other devices recognize the farthest page read.
What actually happens is that my DX want to revert back to the last updated position that is actually further back...

Does this make sense? I have reset the Kindle, it is running the latest firmware, I made use that sync between devices is on...

All my devices play nice so the problem has to be with the Kindle... any ideas?
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Hell, problem solved and here is the solution for those who may care.
Turns out that you need to have the annotation backup option turned on for the sync to work... and sure as heck things work great now.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert