Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 09-22-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
Anggun
Enthusiast
Anggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Free eBook: The Keeper by Sarah Langan

FREE ebook! Sarah Langan's THE KEEPER. (Genre: Horror)
Available for free from 9/22 to 10/22 (according to Avon Books twitter).

Only available for free at Kindle, Sony eBookstore and B&N

Synopsis:
Quote:
Some believe Bedford, Maine, is cursed. Its bloody past, endless rain, and the decay of its downtown portend a hopeless future. With the death of its paper mill, Bedford's unemployed residents soon find themselves with far too much time to dwell on thoughts of Susan Marley. Once the local beauty, she's now the local whore. Silently prowling the muddy streets, she watches eerily from the shadows, waiting for . . . something. And haunting the sleep of everyone in town with monstrous visions of violence and horror.

Those who are able will leave Bedford before the darkness fully ascends. But those who are trapped here—from Susan Marley's long-suffering mother and younger sister to her guilt-ridden, alcoholic ex-lover to the destitute and faithless with nowhere else to go—will soon know the fullest and most terrible meaning of nightmare.
EDIT: Only for U.S. addresses.

Last edited by Anggun; 09-22-2009 at 03:02 PM.
Anggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Got it - thanks to YOU! - for my Kindle.

I'll get something different for my Sony.

Thanks!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Is this accessible outside the USA?
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:06 PM   #4
rft183
rft183 began at the beginning.

Device: Google Nexus 7
That sounds like a great book. As soon as I get home, I am downloading it!

Thanks!

Russel
rft183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
Is this accessible outside the USA?
If your question is directed toward me (I currently reside in Lima, Peru), then the answer is "yes."

I have a U.S. address and a bank account in the United States.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2009, 02:23 PM   #6
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I wonder how scary it is...
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #7
Kirtai
Addict
Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kirtai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PRS-650, iPad, Samsung Galaxy SII (JB), Google Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If your question is directed toward me (I currently reside in Lima, Peru), then the answer is "yes."
It was generally addressed but thanks for your response

Quote:
I have a U.S. address and a bank account in the United States.
Well, I meant for those of us who don't have US addresses. Neither the kindle not the sony store are accessible to me here in the UK and the B&N site is being obnoxious to me at the moment. Not to mention it says "These items ship to U.S. addresses only."
Kirtai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:02 PM   #8
Anggun
Enthusiast
Anggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enoughAnggun will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirtai View Post
It was generally addressed but thanks for your response

Well, I meant for those of us who don't have US addresses. Neither the kindle not the sony store are accessible to me here in the UK and the B&N site is being obnoxious to me at the moment. Not to mention it says "These items ship to U.S. addresses only."
Yup. I think its just for U.S. addresses. Now, I see why the free ebook wasn't offered in other ebookstores.
Anggun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:06 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I wonder how scary it is...
Yeah, I'm looking at that aspect too... It doesn't sound much worse than Frank Peretti's latest...and that was right on my "line" between "thrill" and "too much".
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 08:35 PM   #10
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anggun View Post

EDIT: Only for U.S. addresses.
It's fine for Canada too. Thanks for the heads up
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Thanks for the tip...sounds great!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:36 PM   #12
gerraldo
Anti-DRM Advocate
gerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-booksgerraldo has learned how to read e-books

Device: CyBook Gen 3, Palm Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anggun View Post
Available for free from 9/22 to 10/22 (according to Avon Books twitter).

Only available for free at Kindle, Sony eBookstore and B&N
Beware: B&N charges you $ 0.01 on all "free" eBooks! (+ you need to enter credit card information)
gerraldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:37 PM   #13
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
thanks for the freebie note - I picked it up with the other 3 noted freebies on Sony.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:41 PM   #14
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Beware: B&N charges you $ 0.01 on all "free" eBooks! (+ you need to enter credit card information)
You need to enter CC info because that's how eReader DRM works. Also they don't actually charge you $.01, it's credited at checkout. No charge will appear on your CC.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 09-22-2009 at 11:47 PM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:42 PM   #15
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerraldo View Post
Nothing like a phony freebie. I don't understand why they need to charge anyone for a freebie. I won't do business with B & N ebooks!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote