Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-24-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
I'm not panicking yet...

...but I'm off on holiday on Sunday and my Cybook has just this morning decided to lock up solid. Battery was down to 20% so it's charging as we speak, and I've searched the boards for possible problems and solutions that I'll try in due course, including flashing the firmware back to 538 etc...

The thing I'm stuck on though, is getting hold of the latest firmware - 708 - as the link from Bookeen's site always returns an 'address not found' error; does anyone have an alternative download address?

All my google searches seem to link back to Bookeen - or to threads on MobileRead

Anyway, as always any and all help very much appreciated!

Cheers, Peter.

Last edited by petermillard; 07-24-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: deletion of url
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:50 AM   #2
Ortep
Fanatic
Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Ortep has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
...but I'm off on holiday on Sunday and my Cybook has just this morning decided to lock up solid. Battery was down to 20% so it's charging as we speak, .
Empty battery, that is all. Recharging will solve your problem
Ortep is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 06:50 AM   #3
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup, panick over. Never had the battery so low before; there's a lesson there somewhere

Still be interested in an alternative download addy for firmware 708 if anyone has one, though.

Cheers, Pete.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:08 AM   #4
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Still be interested in an alternative download addy for firmware 708 if anyone has one, though.
The link works for me. You should notice however that posting the link to the firmware might be illegal.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
petermillard
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHand View Post
The link works for me. You should notice however that posting the link to the firmware might be illegal.
Ahem. What link?

All sorted now - seems to download fine, thanks.
Advert
Old 07-24-2008, 12:09 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
...but I'm off on holiday on Sunday and my Cybook has just this morning decided to lock up solid. Battery was down to 20% so it's charging as we speak, and I've searched the boards for possible problems and solutions that I'll try in due course, including flashing the firmware back to 538 etc...

The thing I'm stuck on though, is getting hold of the latest firmware - 708 - as the link from Bookeen's site always returns an 'address not found' error; does anyone have an alternative download address?

All my google searches seem to link back to Bookeen - or to threads on MobileRead

Anyway, as always any and all help very much appreciated!

Cheers, Peter.

Man .... isn't a low battery scary the first time around???
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:55 PM   #7
petermillard
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Man .... isn't a low battery scary the first time around???
Oh yes!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:36 PM   #8
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
especially wit e-ink since the display still shows.
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #9
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Yup ... and you sit there just knowing you broke it (!!!!) Because, the screen is still showing an image .... so it can't possibly be the battery. Argh. And then, you learn that showing the image doesn't take any power ... and it is indeed the battery.

But .... lordy ... that first time. Your stomach just sinks.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
stxopher
Nameless Being

Which is why we read these forums. Knowing in advance the weirdness of our toys helps keep the medical bills down.

Low battery behavior:
PRS-500: Hey, I'm running low and shutting down. No, I don't CARE what you are doing, I'm on strike for more power!
Cybook: Hey, good book, huh? You know once....er..birdies?....the mice!....i sing the body electr...(the e-ink dead stare)