Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #1
Wenn
Wenn is on a distinguished road

Device: Motorola DROID, Kindle 3, ColorNook
3 Free Harlequin Romances at Fictionwise - [OFFER ENDED]

Hi--My apologies if this has already been mentioned. Today (March 7, 2010) I found 3 Harlequin romance books for free at Fictionwise, but they are NOT being advertised under their "Free eBooks" section.

Instead, on the home page, selected "Recently Reduced" from the side menu. On the Recently Reduced page, they should be the top 3 listed books. (If not, try ordering the books according to price so the 3 books for $0.00 will be listed at the top.) Or, use the following link to the Recently Reduced page:

https://www.fictionwise.com/eBooks/recentlyreduced.htm

The 3 books are:
1. The Tycoon's Very Personal Assistant by Heidi Rice
2. Risque Business by Tawny Weber
3. His Expectant Ex by Catherine Mann

I don't know how good they are, but hey, they're free--so if you like romance maybe give them a try.

NOTE: The only format available for these ebooks is SECURE eReader, so they aren't DRM-free.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-13-2010 at 05:58 AM.
Wenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
roguexuk
Enthusiast
roguexuk began at the beginning.

Device: PW4, Kobo Aura (Original), Touch, Libra H20, Aura ONE & Clara HD
Downloaded them.

Thanks
roguexuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2010, 03:56 PM   #3
rosspag
Enthusiast
rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.rosspag knows the difference between a duck.

Device: Cybook gen3, Sony PRS-T1, Ipod Touch, Galaxy Tab 7.7
Scrolling down the list of recently reduced book i've found also.
J. D. Robb Fantasy in Death (last in Eve Dallas Series, just published) for $ 7.99 (regular) and 6.79 (club).

Beware. Geo Restricted

https://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b.../JD-Robb/?si=0

Sweet Deal

bye
Ross

Last edited by rosspag; 03-07-2010 at 04:05 PM.
rosspag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:59 AM   #4
Maggie May
Grand Sorcerer
Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maggie May ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: CYbook Gen3 and Sony PRS 3505 Kindle 3 G Nexus 7 iPad
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosspag View Post
Scrolling down the list of recently reduced book i've found also.
J. D. Robb Fantasy in Death (last in Eve Dallas Series, just published) for $ 7.99 (regular) and 6.79 (club).

Beware. Geo Restricted

https://www.fictionwise.com/ebooks/b.../JD-Robb/?si=0

Sweet Deal

bye
Ross
Hi Ross,
I'm always waiting impatiently for J.D. Robb's latest release. I have read all of her In Death series. I went to buy her latest Fantasy In Death from Fictionwise only to discover the dreaded GR. Thought I was being cute and hopped over to Diesel eBooks. Thought I was in luck until the last minute when I was told the book was being removed from my basket due to.....yes you've guessed.....Geographic Restrictions. Grrrrrrrrrrr

Slan
Mag.
Maggie May is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #5
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony: PRS 950 & T1, Kobo: Aura One & Forma
I noticed the format downloaded is *.pdb so what is pdb? Will this work with Calibre and my Sony 505?
petercreasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2010, 10:41 AM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
pdb is the eReader format owned by Fictionwise. Only the nook supports it, if there is DRM in place. Without DRM, it can be converted by Calibre to a format the 505 can digest.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 AM   #7
petercreasey
Wizard
petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petercreasey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
pdb is the eReader format owned by Fictionwise. Only the nook supports it, if there is DRM in place. Without DRM, it can be converted by Calibre to a format the 505 can digest.
K, Thanks for the info!

I've never dealt with this sort of thing before. Can I just have Calibre try to send the pdb ebook to my Sony 505 and hope that it works?

Any other detailed advice?
Old 03-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Unfortunately, details on how to remove the DRM are banned here (and most other places, although google is your friend). You can check for DRM by loading the book into Calibre and attempting to read it there - you'll get an error msg if there is DRM present. I suspect this one has DRM (actually, unless the book says 'multiformat' there, it generally does).

You can get free reader software for your pc and some mobile devices, from fictionwise or Barnes & Noble. Your full name on the account and credit card used for the purchase (or on file at FW) will be part of the DRM scheme and you may need it to unlock the book.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 04:14 PM   #9
petercreasey
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
You can check for DRM by loading the book into Calibre and attempting to read it there - you'll get an error msg if there is DRM present. I suspect this one has DRM
Karen, Yes, you are correct.

I loaded the 3 books into Calibre and tried to view them. Calibre was unresponsive (but with no error message).
Old 03-13-2010, 04:45 AM   #10
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
This offer has already ended.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote