Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 PM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Confused about Adobe DE DRM

I have more than one computer at home and at work, so if my ebook reader is 'authorised' on one computer by an installation of the Adobe DE softyware, does that mean I cannot use Adobe DE on a different computer to buy a book and transfer it to my reader? Or can you authorise the reader to many Adobe DE programs/computers?

Who actually owns the book when I buy it, the computer, the reader, the particular Adobe DE installation, or me? It should be the latter, but I see nothing that identifies me on different computers.

What happens if I format my computer, install a different operating system, then reinstall Adobe? Will my DRM'd eBooks be unreadable?

Sorry for all the questions, but as I said in the subject line - I am confused.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Adobe allows 6 registrations (PC's & other devices) under a single Adobe ID. Things authorized under the same ID can read the same DRM'd material. You can also de-authorize devices/PC's. Also according to the ADE FAQ on Adobe's site you can contact Customer Service to increase your allowable activations.

Your books are tied to your Adobe ID.

If you install a different OS you'd need to install ADE and then authorize it to read your books.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-26-2009, 11:39 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Adobe allows 6 registrations (PC's & other devices) under a single Adobe ID. Things authorized under the same ID can read the same DRM'd material. You can also de-authorize devices/PC's. Also according to the ADE FAQ on Adobe's site you can contact Customer Service to increase your allowable activations.

Your books are tied to your Adobe ID.

If you install a different OS you'd need to install ADE and then authorize it to read your books.
OK, thanks. So as long as I know my Adobe ID, I can reinstall, buy a new reader, whatever, and get it to read my eBooks. That sounds good.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote