Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-23-2009, 12:57 PM   #1
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony Reader
Extended to Wed 28th! 30% off all eBooks - Mobileread exclusive

Hi Guys.

Many of the members have been giving me great suggestions for our website www.directebooks.com that have all been noted and will be acted upon. If anyone has any questions about the retail side of things or need help, please let me know.

As a thank you to everyone who posted, I'd like to give you all a 30% discount for our site until midnight Monday. Use this code at checkout A1NY9VL65W to get a further 20% off all titles which are already discounted 10%!

Thanks again and I'll be talking to you soon.

P.S feel free to share the code!

www.directebooks.com

Last edited by Direct Ebooks; 10-26-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Direct Ebooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
"midnight Monday" in which time zone??

Xenophon

P.S. Thanks for the offer!
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2009, 07:21 AM   #3
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior
Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.Direct Ebooks is no ebook tyro.

US Pacific time.

That covers as many people as possible!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:29 AM   #4
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
This is probably a stupid question, but how is payment handled from US customers? Will my credit card company impose a foreign currency surcharge? Obviously any savings in the price of a book could be quickly lost if there is a surcharge.

Thanks, and I apologize if this is a silly question.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #5
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Hi SteveK

No questions are stupid!
Most of our customers are US based and we haven't had any complaints so far.

As far as I am aware, the charge appears on your credit card in dollars. If there is any surcharge or variation in price, contact me immediately and I will organise a full refund.

Either way, let me know if you do go on to buy an eBook and what the situation is with the credit card.
Advert
Old 10-25-2009, 03:49 PM   #6
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
"midnight Monday" in which time zone??

Xenophon

P.S. Thanks for the offer!

Good question on the time zone! I was wondering that myself!

P S Good picture! ;-)
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #7
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direct Ebooks View Post
Hi Guys.

Many of the members have been giving me great suggestions for our website www.directebooks.com that have all been noted and will be acted upon. If anyone has any questions about the retail side of things or need help, please let me know.

As a thank you to everyone who posted, I'd like to give you all a 30% discount for our site until midnight Monday. Use this code at checkout A1NY9VL65W to get a further 20% off all titles which are already discounted 10%!

Thanks again and I'll be talking to you soon.

P.S feel free to share the code!

www.directebooks.com

Thanks for the new weekend discount! Bought 8 more books in PDF.
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
Thanks for the new weekend discount! Bought 8 more books in PDF.
Glad we could help! Thanks again to everyone for their support.

The promotion is going really well and we are going to extend it until Midnight pacific time on wednesday, so spread the word.

Dont forget as well that if you refer someone else to the site, you can have an extra 10% off any purchase!
Old 11-12-2009, 08:30 PM   #9
Wenn
Wenn is on a distinguished road

Device: Motorola DROID, Kindle 3, ColorNook
Yes, there is a foreign currency surcharge added...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveK View Post
This is probably a stupid question, but how is payment handled from US customers? Will my credit card company impose a foreign currency surcharge? Obviously any savings in the price of a book could be quickly lost if there is a surcharge.

Thanks, and I apologize if this is a silly question.

SteveK
Well, I just received my credit card statement today for the purchases I made on 10/17 and 10/19 to Direct eBooks (having discovered this store back when they had announced their 50%-off sale here at MobileRead). There are indeed added foreign currency surcharges for each transaction.

I live in the U.S. and since all my purchases are subsequently within this country, I wasn't savvy enough realize a foreign transaction fee would appear in addition to the item price. It wasn't too much money, but of course it's never fun to see extra charges on your billing statement. It's just something to really be aware of in the future for me, should I ever be interested in purchasing ebooks from a store outside the United States.
Wenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
MikeRo
Connoisseur
MikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityMikeRo has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Sony PRS-300, Kindle 3
Foreign currency fees - those are set by your bank and typically vary from 0% to 5%. My bank charges 2.5%. The fees should be posted somewhere on your bank's website, probably in a 6 pt, white-on-white font at the bottom of a page that has nothing to do with fees.
MikeRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:33 AM   #11
Direct Ebooks
Hibernian eBook Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeRo View Post
Foreign currency fees - those are set by your bank and typically vary from 0% to 5%. My bank charges 2.5%. The fees should be posted somewhere on your bank's website, probably in a 6 pt, white-on-white font at the bottom of a page that has nothing to do with fees.
Aint that the truth.

Thanks for the charges info guys. Obviously, we want to make it as easy as possible for all our customers. I wonder if paypal have similar charges? Does anyone know?

Last edited by Direct Ebooks; 11-14-2009 at 05:46 PM.