Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
numindast
Enthusiast
numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.numindast has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K2, DX (had PRS500, 505, 700)
Just placed my order.

I know this isn't a useful or informative post but ...

... I just had to shout to the world that I just placed my order for a PRS-700. Stupid me left my PRS-505 on a plane and totally forgot to take it out of the pocket in front of me before deplaning. The worst thing is it wasn't even paid for! gah! So now I have TWO monthly payments, one for HSBC and now one for GE. I feel like such an idiot. Well, I feel that way 'cause it's true. I debated having the PRS-700 engraved with my name & email and "reward if found" but decided I'd just be smarter and tape my business card to the back. If only I'd done that with the 505, whose leather cover even has a slot for that. (Of course I called the airline, they reported nothing in Lost & Found to match...)

Will report my observations when I get my new Reader. Thanks to the MobileRead community for all your info and guidance.
numindast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #2
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
I am so sorry for your loss.

As much as I'd like to have my long anticipated eBook reader device, I can't imagine finding someone else's and keeping it as my own. What happened to the decency of turning something in even though there's no identification on it? Whoever came up with "Finders Keepers" was a crook! You may think you're an idiot, but at least you're not the thief. I'm still mourning the loss of my digital camera. Even though the camera was eventually replaced, it's the pictures that were on it that were the greatest loss. I've never been able to bring myself to engrave something, but do you think that the business card or even engraving would've compelled the finder to turn it in? Based on my experience, it's definitely something I'll have to think more seriously about.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2008, 12:50 PM   #3
shighfield
Groupie!? GROUPIE!?!?
shighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enoughshighfield will become famous soon enough

Device: EBW 1150, Kobo Touch
I've lost PDA's in the past and by having the owner information filled out with the words "Reward offered" both times I have been contacted by the people who found them and was able to get them back.

Both times no reward was accepted. For the most part I think people are honest...
shighfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #4
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shighfield View Post
I've lost PDA's in the past and by having the owner information filled out with the words "Reward offered" both times I have been contacted by the people who found them and was able to get them back.
Thanks! That's good to know!

Quote:
Both times no reward was accepted. For the most part I think people are honest...
You're right! Unfortunately, some of us get that small percentage that are scoundrels!
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:36 PM   #5
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
thats great for you, my girlfriend lost her cell phone 2 days ago. and despite both her sister and me calling her phone trying to get the finder to answer, it wasnt returned.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2008, 05:44 AM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Well, first of all numindast, you're NOT an idiot!

You're forgetful, but so are millions of other people - including me and probably half the people on this site - or even more! (If someone does a poll, we'll all be astounded - by those who aren't forgetful!)

Let us all know when you get your 700, and what your reactions are.

Have fun!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 AM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
You're forgetful, but so are millions of other people - including me and probably half the people on this site - or even more! (If someone does a poll, we'll all be astounded - by those who aren't forgetful!)
I will set up a poll. But, if you don't see it... I probably forgot.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:12 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
I will set up a poll. But, if you don't see it... I probably forgot.

BOb

i was going to post my condolences for your loss, but, um, i forgot.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 10:15 AM   #9
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i was going to post my condolences for your loss, but, um, i forgot.
It must be the chill. Perhaps you should put on some mittens and a cap.

BOb
Old 12-16-2008, 10:18 AM   #10
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
It must be the chill. Perhaps you should put on some mittens and a cap.

BOb
you're saying the socks aren't enough ? pff. some people are just never satisfied.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:21 AM   #11
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
you're saying the socks aren't enough ? pff. some people are just never satisfied.
Hey, they'er your goosebumps.

BOb
Old 12-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #12
zelda_pinwheel

you're right though. a hat is very important for staying warm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	81_vr_ZPbyMagritte_socks3.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	19297