Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #376
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Device: none
I, once again, have an energy deficit (-4%). Not as bad as previous ones though. Can't wait for level 9 so I can start buying some Thorium Reactors!

Lately, I have done a lot of city core absorption with 7 upgraded. Some have good surges, others do not.

I will take gifts of anything but pop. Thanks in advance!
theenframed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #377
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by theenframed View Post
I, once again, have an energy deficit (-4%). Not as bad as previous ones though. Can't wait for level 9 so I can start buying some Thorium Reactors!

Lately, I have done a lot of city core absorption with 7 upgraded. Some have good surges, others do not.

Sent you some food, bliss, and bucks.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #378
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Be careful with that... how much Bliss do you want?

Right now, I'm running high-pop, low-energy to bleed off my extra Bliss points. I'm also swimming in Bliss gifts. (Everyone's swimming in Bliss gifts most of the time.) It's a potential bug of the game that it gives out much more of one asset than people have use for except once in a long stretch when they get Whacked on their weak point.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:15 PM   #379
theenframed
Enthusiast
theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.theenframed can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbm View Post
Sent you some food, bliss, and bucks.

bernie
Thanks very much!
Old 05-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #380
theenframed
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
Be careful with that... how much Bliss do you want?

Right now, I'm running high-pop, low-energy to bleed off my extra Bliss points. I'm also swimming in Bliss gifts. (Everyone's swimming in Bliss gifts most of the time.) It's a potential bug of the game that it gives out much more of one asset than people have use for except once in a long stretch when they get Whacked on their weak point.
So having too much bliss is bad? I was thinking of try that same strategy during the next cycle so I can level up sooner.
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #381
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So having too much bliss is bad? I was thinking of try that same strategy during the next cycle so I can level up sooner.
Most of the Whacks cost a percentage of your Bliss in Military to pay off. (Most of them cost 1% of your Bliss.) There's apparently no advantage to running with high Bliss--just make sure you have enough extra somewhere (gifts or assets) to get a quick charge of it if you run so low you'll start losing population.

Not enough food = cost in Bliss; way too little food = famine die-offs.
Not enough energy = cost in Bliss; no other specific penalty.
Not enough Bliss = die-offs.

So: if you keep your people hungry & in the dark, they will continue to populate the planet (imagine that!) as long as they're not starving and miserable. Let them get miserable, and you get mass suicides.

So keep a backup supply of booze, demagogues and sports arenas to get them happy if you've kept them in the dark for too long.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #382
theenframed
Enthusiast

Quote:
Most of the Whacks cost a percentage of your Bliss in Military to pay off. (Most of them cost 1% of your Bliss.) There's apparently no advantage to running with high Bliss--just make sure you have enough extra somewhere (gifts or assets) to get a quick charge of it if you run so low you'll start losing population.

Not enough food = cost in Bliss; way too little food = famine die-offs.
Not enough energy = cost in Bliss; no other specific penalty.
Not enough Bliss = die-offs.

So: if you keep your people hungry & in the dark, they will continue to populate the planet (imagine that!) as long as they're not starving and miserable. Let them get miserable, and you get mass suicides.

So keep a backup supply of booze, demagogues and sports arenas to get them happy if you've kept them in the dark for too long.
Thanks for the explanation! Most of the assets absorbed by the city cores were bliss-related. I will buy a new supply next cycle.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #383
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thanks for the explanation! Most of the assets absorbed by the city cores were bliss-related. I will buy a new supply next cycle.
Most people have plenty of Bliss gifts to throw around, so if you find yourself running temporarily short, just say something.

And mostly, you don't need bliss. Buying *any* assets gets you a bit of Bliss, and that might be enough. A couple of high-bliss assets might be enough to cover any shortfalls, and mostly they just sit there generating bucks per cycle.

I don't intend to ever surge the Ansible but it produces over $4k per cycle for me.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:08 PM   #384
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
I don't intend to ever surge the Ansible but it produces over $4k per cycle for me.
in my case it is over 5k so I have now bought 20 of them

I still have enough spare room to upgrade cores and this way all the empty space generates money
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #385
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Right now, at level 10, 2 lvl-2 Generic City Cores would get me 1600 Pop and 800 energy for 4 Surge points (and whatever other resources I don't stifle);
6,400 Population @ lvl 16

13,750 Population from crycombs, though
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #386
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
6,400 Population @ lvl 16

13,750 Population from crycombs, though
Nice to know it stays on the same progression. I really wish I could upgrade to level 4 or so; I want to be able to do small jumps. I surged my level 8 cryocombs & I'm still catching up with that.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:03 AM   #387
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I think this is new -- at least, I've never noticed before -- but on the Gifts and Ebook Alliances page they now offer the option to quit an alliance.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:18 AM   #388
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I think this is new -- at least, I've never noticed before -- but on the Gifts and Ebook Alliances page they now offer the option to quit an alliance.
They talked about it at the Baen Bar forum. AFAIK there's no purpose to it yet. I don't know if you get points back or how that works.

In the future, alliance members will probably have access to information or trade options that others don't, and the ability to join & leave alliances will be important.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:55 AM   #389
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I've finally got my first ebook coupon - have to decide what to get for it, now. Could do with some alliance members, though, as I only have one so far (YapYap there too - will ally back even if it takes a cycle or two of buck-generating).

I'm also still mostly stumbling in the dark but slowly figuring out the assets and all... everything is in green for now, although I need to make sure to surge more energy-generating assets again in the next cycle, as that's been my main problem.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #390
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yapyap View Post
I've finally got my first ebook coupon - have to decide what to get for it, now. Could do with some alliance members, though, as I only have one so far (YapYap there too - will ally back even if it takes a cycle or two of buck-generating).

I'm also still mostly stumbling in the dark but slowly figuring out the assets and all... everything is in green for now, although I need to make sure to surge more energy-generating assets again in the next cycle, as that's been my main problem.
Done . Getting a bit expensive to join member alliances now...(have joined 17 - do you get another coupon at 20, does anyone know, or do you need 20 to have joined your alliance?).
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote