Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 09-09-2011, 05:54 PM   #1
madamepsi
madamepsi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Restore Contacts

Hi all,
My P E has the dreaded hibernation problem. Two days ago it freaked out and when I finally got it to respond, I had lost all personal info. I did not use the reset to get it alive ... it just reboooted (log on dots screen) three times.

I am using the latest update with Ermine, and transferred all info to my micro-SD, so I don't think it uses the internal 2 gigs.

Library item, ie books, videos, music are all there.

Any ideas on restoring my contacts.

Thanks from a limited knowledge geek.

Debbi
madamepsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:32 PM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
I saw your other post on this subject (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=147943) and I "feel your pain," as they say, but I have no solution. Ideas, in case they help:

If you have your contacts on a PC you can try to copy them over by saving them as vcard files.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=146385 <-- short thread, might be useful.

Good luck!!

P.S. I have my contacts in both eDGes now, but the email addresses still don't pop up from the email app when I long tap in the "To" box and tap "Select email address."
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-10-2011, 03:50 AM   #3
madamepsi

OK, I found a work around ...

A bit convoluted, since I also just replaced my pc but ... I transferred my address book from my Blackberry cuz I keep it really current.

Had Windows live mail make vCards and saved them to a USB flash.

Put the flash into the Edge and imported them

Well it was certainly faster than retyping all 300 contacts one little EDGE screen chiklet at a time. ROFLOL

Now, I have determined that I just won't use hibernate ... it isn't that long a wait for the EDGE to turn off and on completely.

Nite to all

Debbi
Old 09-10-2011, 03:52 AM   #4
madamepsi

Wink Oh, and thanks Filark ...

your post clued me in to get all my contact stuff onto the new PC, finally. I am such a procrastinator ... I mean, why would I worry about a contacts file when I could be playing World of Warcraft. Double LOL

Tags
restore contacts