Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 04-23-2011, 09:56 PM   #1
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
A Serial Killer Stalks Pastors in Upstate New York.

Only 4.99 from Smashwords!

He calls himself the Coppersmith…

A religious fanatic bent on murder, he begins systematically eliminating pastors in Upstate New York. From small towns to large cities he selects his victims, seemingly at random, and subjects them to a torturous death.

Janelle Becker is the agent with the FBI’s Behavioral Analysis Unit charged with solving the crimes. But even with the Bureau’s resources, she finds herself ill-prepared to unravel the Coppersmith’s message. Why do his methods keep changing? How can they know where he’ll strike next? And can she escape her own dark past before it’s too late?

As she and her fellow agents track down the clues of the Coppersmith, they find themselves following an ancient itinerary that hearkens back to the steps of the apostle Paul. It becomes a race against this faceless killer as they struggle to predict his movements and get ahead of his deadly message of judgment. Can they stop him in time?

The Coppersmith

Last edited by MichaelJScott; 07-15-2013 at 09:16 AM.
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:28 AM   #2
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The book is really taking off in sales! I am so delighted! In one week, I sold more than fifteen copies (which is high for an unknown newbie like me!).

Thanks everyone who bought a copy!
Old 05-10-2011, 04:29 AM   #3
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Haven't seen any reviews yet of this latest work (actually, it's my first work), so if you've had a chance to read it, I'd appreciate your thoughts.

A while back I started work on a sequel, and I'd like to know whether there's any interest.

Thanks!
Old 06-14-2011, 06:02 AM   #4
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Sales for The Coppersmith continue to be strong. I hope those who read it enjoy the characters and the storyline. No reviews yet, but it's been "liked" by those who purchased it. Guess that's a good sign. :P
Old 06-14-2011, 12:27 PM   #5
Tome Keeper
Addict
Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tome Keeper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Keyboard, Surface Tablet, Android Smartphone, Laptop, Netbook
If you a looking for reviews check out Book Blogs, which has forums for author's seeking reviewers and many of the members review books.
Tome Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:58 PM   #6
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tome Keeper View Post
If you a looking for reviews check out Book Blogs, which has forums for author's seeking reviewers and many of the members review books.
Thanks for the tip, Tome Keeper. I'll give it a look.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #7
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I must say, I am a little surprised by how well The Coppersmith is selling. Over the past three months, it has been, hands-down, my number one generator for sales. It accounted for the bulk of my sales in April and May, and nearly half the sales in June (which is when I released a third book.). That being said, the sales haven't slacked off at all. It has consistently sold right around the same amount each month. With my other books, I expect to see a bump and lag in sales, but not this one.

I'm curious to see if this holds true for some of the other books I'll be releasing soon.
Old 07-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Finally got around to beginning the rewrite of the sequel to The Coppersmith, called Topheth. I managed to completely redo the second chapter, which puts the hero, Special Agent Janelle Becker, more in line with who she is in the first novel (ie: struggling against an addiction to prescription pain meds). I haven't looked too heavily at the rest of it yet (still trying to finish another novel first), but it doesn't look like it'll be that much trouble to get it in shape. And with 25K words already written, it shouldn't take that long to get it finished. I think you'll like it.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:43 PM   #9
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Something rather startling has happened. I'm not sure if it relates to the simple reporting of cumulative sales over several months into one month, or if it's reflective of a single month's sales, but The Coppersmith really took off in the Apple I-Tunes store last month. I more than doubled my total sales for the month just with The Coppersmith alone.

That's pretty amazing, if you ask me.

Last edited by MichaelJScott; 07-25-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 03:48 AM   #10
MichaelJScott
Zealot

I've been plugging away at the unfinished projects on my plate, taking them one at a time instead of four at once, and I'm finally making some headway. The good news, for fans of The Coppersmith, is that I'll finally be getting to work on the sequel, Topheth, in a few more weeks. I'm wrapping up the sequel to a traditionally published novel this week, and immediately after I'll be penning the last third of a fantasy-psychothriller novel I've been working on since April.

Immediately on the heels of that, I get to work on Topheth. I'm expecting to begin right around October, and I hope to wrap it up before the end of the year--maybe even before December. At any rate, that's the plan!
Old 11-07-2011, 06:20 AM   #11
MichaelJScott
Zealot

The Coppersmith has now become the bestseller out of all my books available. True, I haven't made as much from it due to the lower price, but in a few short months it has caught up and surpassed both books in my Jefferson's Road series combined. It'll be interesting to see how much of this is due to the differences in genre (I suspect the audience for psycho-thrillers is larger than the audience for dystopic political suspense) versus the difference in price. The only problem is that I haven't clue one how to find the answer to that question!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:16 AM   #12
MichaelJScott
Zealot

So it looks like The Coppersmith is my best seller for 2011, and this despite being listed for only half the year! I'm very pleased with the results and hope I've made some fans out there.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:19 AM   #13
MichaelJScott
Zealot

The Coppersmith is one of those mysteries that will leave you guessing. The challenge is not so much about finding out who the killer is as it is about figuring out where he's going to strike next... and what he's going to do when he gets there.

See if you can figure it out for yourself. But you'd better bring a Bible and a map of New York State.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #14
MichaelJScott
Zealot

The Coppersmith continues to surprise and enage new readers every week. I'm hard at work on the sequel, too. It's worth a look.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #15
MichaelJScott
Zealot

Try this mystery on for size. I've said before, if you want to solve the puzzle of The Coppersmith, you'll need a map of New York State, and a working knowledge of the New Testament. But barring that, I recommend a quick read through the book of Acts.

See if you can figure out why the Coppersmith does what he does, as well as where and when, before the FBI profilers do.

Tags
crime, murder, mystery, suspense, thriller