Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #1
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
feature request - Shortcuts for Plugins

Some external plugin has shortcuts, but not all (FlightCrew).
My request is a shortcut option in plugin manager.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sigil-shortcut-plugin.png
Views:	222
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	144852  
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:29 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
No plugin has a keyboard shortcut that I know of. F7 is a shortcut to the well-formed (formerly Sanity) Check, not Flightcrew. Nor can they currently be assigned shortcuts. We are investigating the feasibilty (and the ways) of making this possible in the future.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-23-2015 at 12:33 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2015, 12:38 PM   #3
Camelot
Connoisseur
Camelot began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
No plugin has a keyboard shortcut that I know of.

Sorry, I mean the plugin shortcut from Calibre and i wish this in sigil.
Camelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelot View Post
Sorry, I mean the plugin shortcut from Calibre and i wish this in sigil.
No problem. And you're not alone. It's a popular request.
Old 12-23-2015, 04:47 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
F7 is a shortcut to the well-formed (formerly Sanity) Check,
I already had F7 assigned to Spellcheck, when I installed 0.9.2 it didn't work, I found the clash in Prefs->Keyboard (red F7s), I changed "Well Formed Check" to Ctrl/F7.

I have a similar problem with another package - every time there's an update a set of kb shorts are lost - interestingly they are plugin related. I've learnt to live with it.

My question is - will my change survive the next Sigil update, or should I learn to live with it being clobbered too. I wasn't going to bother mentioning it until I saw your specific reference to F7?

FWIW - I use F7 for spell checking in at least 5 packages.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-23-2015 at 04:49 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2015, 08:01 PM   #6
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

F7 was the default Flightcrew shortcut for as long as I can remember. We certainly don't purposely "clobber" any predefined shortcuts, but Flightcrew got moved out of Sigil proper and Sanity Check took its place on the menu. So perhaps something there made it happen. I wouldn't expect anything to happen to those shortcuts in future updates, but I'm not going to guarantee it. We're both a bit out of our depth when it comes to GUI stuff and keyboard accelerators. *shrug*
Old 12-23-2015, 09:15 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I probably changed the FC kb short to something like Ctrl+F7 on the day I first installed Sigil.

I only check the epub if someone has a problem with one, which would be 1 in maybe 5,000 epubs, there's only < 20 someones, most use android tablets and they're not pedants w.r.t. layout - only contents. I'm not sure if epubcheck or flight crew ever identified a problem - most have been me inadvertently deleting a bunch of stuff, or losing an image or three.

From what you've written I'd say there's a good chance my F7 will be preserved. But if not, then as long a I have a sigh or two left, I'm sure I can live with it

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-23-2015 at 09:22 PM.
Old 12-23-2015, 11:35 PM   #8
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
BetterRed,
Did the new key accelerators from your github issue work okay for you, or do we need t reopen that issue?

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 01:14 AM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
BetterRed,
Did the new key accelerators from your github issue work okay for you, or do we need t reopen that issue?

KevinH
They're fine Kevin, just what I wanted. The only thing I suggest is to document the toggle in the labels, viz:

Code:
Show all words ('↓+S')
Case sensitive sort ('↓+C')
No point in keeping them a secret between thee and me

BR
Old 12-24-2015, 02:30 AM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
BetterRed,

KevinH
Now you'll wish you hadn't asked

But you didn't add a Copy (to clipboard) to the word list context menu, I copy the words I want to 'look up' to my clipboard stack.

I had to go find the issue as I wasn't sure if I asked for this, but I see that I did.

Not a biggie because Ctrl/C works - but its lack breaks my 'down arrow, menu key' rhythm when traversing the list. My fumblers are likely to miss Ctrl+C, and hit something like Winkey+space, which toggles me into another keyboard layout :lol:

BR
Old 12-28-2015, 01:32 AM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
<SNIP>

I only check the epub if someone has a problem with one, which would be 1 in maybe 5,000 epubs, there's only < 20 someones, most use android tablets and they're not pedants w.r.t. layout - only contents. I'm not sure if epubcheck or flight crew ever identified a problem - most have been me inadvertently deleting a bunch of stuff, or losing an image or three.
Man, 1 in every 5K? That's a boatload of ePUBs you're doing there, Red. How many folks you have in your shop? PM me if you'd rather chat privately.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 02:57 AM   #12
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Hitch - you've no need to worry, they're not commercial books. They're documents from .gov, .org, ,edu, some media sites, etc - was going to say they're factual rather than fictional, but they do contain plenty of porkies.

Workload is shared between 5 of the 20 odd 'someones'. No covers, minimal front matter, mandatory DC metadata only etc etc. Think Henry Ford's Model T line.

We push the text into algorithms that do analysis for research purposes - sort of big-data, but textual rather than numerical. Some people read the 'books', particularly the outliers. An awful lot of this stuff is produced in grain and missile silos - both being excellent echo chambers.

We've accumulated ~70+K 'books' over about 8 years. Average length is 30K words.

PS : goes without saying that we don't have to deal with the walled garden behemoths, and other purveyors of shackles, chains, stocks and A-frames.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 12-28-2015 at 03:02 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:50 AM   #13
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Hitch - you've no need to worry, they're not commercial books. They're documents from .gov, .org, ,edu, some media sites, etc - was going to say they're factual rather than fictional, but they do contain plenty of porkies.

Workload is shared between 5 of the 20 odd 'someones'. No covers, minimal front matter, mandatory DC metadata only etc etc. Think Henry Ford's Model T line.

We push the text into algorithms that do analysis for research purposes - sort of big-data, but textual rather than numerical. Some people read the 'books', particularly the outliers. An awful lot of this stuff is produced in grain and missile silos - both being excellent echo chambers.

We've accumulated ~70+K 'books' over about 8 years. Average length is 30K words.

PS : goes without saying that we don't have to deal with the walled garden behemoths, and other purveyors of shackles, chains, stocks and A-frames.

BR
Hi, Red:

LOL, I should have been clearer. I knew you'd done some .gov stuff, but I was actually delicately (too delicately, it seems) inquiring if you were running/part of a commercial firm--given that type of capacity.

Sorry--I should have PM'ed you or made my query clearer.

It's still very interesting to me. From a lot of aspects.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote