Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2010, 01:28 PM   #16
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Anyway, even if I'll get a reader, which I will be able to use for reading and it's not a "real" Kinlde - I won't apply for a moneyback
BeTePoK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 01:40 PM   #17
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Since Kindles are assembled in China, these could be knock-offs or stolen from the factory.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #18
BeTePoK
Guru
BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeTePoK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Since Kindles are assembled in China, these could be knock-offs or stolen from the factory.
I was thinking about the same...
But in my country the just don't care since we are downloading books from PC, not from Kindle Store, so we don't need a registration.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:46 PM   #19
tarke9891
Enthusiast
tarke9891 doesn't littertarke9891 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G
I bought my kindle from amazon but the box says made in China. Mostly a reject.
tarke9891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:00 PM   #20
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
I will say this, if you examine sellers feedback on ebay, hes been selling $0.99 items almost exclusively, possibly to get his feedback up enough to dupe people into buying $45 kindles
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 02:01 PM   #21
mrzerga
Connoisseur
mrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the roughmrzerga is a jewel in the rough

Device: kindle 3 wifi - love it
i've placed 2 orders for 1 and 2 kindles .
at first asked to cancel one of orders- no response. (red flag given the below info)
later asked the following: is this a new item? will all the functions work as advertised? is it manufactured by amazon?

the immediate answer was:
Yes, friends!

asked to cancel one of the orders for the second time - no response as of yet.
as of now not planning to pay for any of the orders, until some responses from other buyers will trickle in.

i'm pretty sure it is a scam. but we will see.

Last edited by mrzerga; 10-03-2010 at 02:17 PM.
mrzerga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:18 PM   #22
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeTePoK View Post
Few hours ago I saw this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Amazon-Kindl...item27b57576dd

They are selling Kindle 3 for $45 bucks! Could it be true?

Almost 180 readers were sold within 2 hours...
Walking on thin ice? Another moral issue here at stake?

Last edited by desertblues; 10-03-2010 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Excuse: it is ' skating' on thin ice.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #23
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
Hell, I may buy one just to see if it's legit. If so, it'll be a present.

If they are fakes, the guy selling them is in for a sh*t storm of negative feedback once they are shipped. The feedback he has is pretty good, actually. Interesting.
I bought one and chanced it. Let see how it goes.... at worse case I will file a claim with eBay and PayPal and be done with it.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:18 PM   #24
BeTePoK
Guru

Hey! The seller got first positive feedback on Kindle 3! From the US!
How it could be? Super-fast shipping?

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ms=positive_30
Old 10-03-2010, 03:29 PM   #25
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:

I just saw that also... keeping my fingers crossed
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:53 PM   #26
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:

Feedback is easy to scam. He could have had an associate buy one and leave positive feedback. That would be a fake buy.

As far as eBay Buyer Protection, AFAIK it basically freezes the PayPal funds the buyer uses to pay for the item until the item is confirmed as delivered or the buyer gives the seller positive feedback or 30 days passes with no complaint from the buyer--whichever comes first. If the seller pays for a tracking number with a shipping firm like UPS or FedEx and enters it through eBay/PayPal, as soon as the item is indicated as delivered PayPal will unfreeze the funds. So it is really not much protection. By the time the buyer opens the package and checks it out, it might be too late without filing a complaint that will probably take PayPal months to arbitrate. On an item that is only $49, most people probably won't even bother to file a complaint.
Old 10-03-2010, 04:14 PM   #27
ricsmania
Connoisseur
ricsmania began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi
$45 Kindle with free worldwide shipping? Doesn't look like a scam at all...
ricsmania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:27 PM   #28
volwrath
Guru
volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volwrath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SGS3/PW2/Nexus72
Assuming it is a scam, seller has made almost $15,000 of profit before paypal and ebay
volwrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:28 PM   #29
o0-0o
Enthusiast
o0-0o doesn't littero0-0o doesn't litter

Device: Pocketbook 301+
I guess the seller is just trying to get money as soon as possible and then disappear. The seller will roughly has three weeks to collect the money since it takes that long for the item to be delivered and the buyer to realize that it is a fraud and file the first complaint. The seller won't ship anything. When eBay confirm this is a fraud and wants to take action (e.g., freeze the account), the seller may have already earned a lot of money. Since China doesn't have a credit system as the U.S. has and the seller may even use a fake name for the ebay account so it is very difficult to prevent such crime. Ebay won't be able to do anything but pay the buyer from its own pocket in order to fulfill the buyer protection. I, myself, lost $150 for just being 2 days late in opening a case in Ebay in a similar situation.

Last edited by o0-0o; 10-03-2010 at 04:32 PM.
o0-0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:35 PM   #30
krazy4katz
Addict
krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.krazy4katz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: [Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (KK)], Kindle Voyage, iPad Pro
Here we go again....

http://www.links2love.com/lyrics_ray...orah_jones.htm

k4k

ETA: please don't take this the wrong way...
krazy4katz is offline   Reply With Quote