Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2006, 04:48 PM   #1
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
FBShot discussion thread

FBShot is a /dev/fb0 to PNG file program I found and compiled for the iLiad. It needs some more work, a nicer wrapper, updated makefile...

But it works and really is only of use to people whom have the skills to use it in this condition.

You can discover more about it here: http://www.sfires.net/fbshot/

To use it one needs to be connected to their iLiad via a remote shell: openssh, dropbear etc...

The command line is: fbshot <name of png file to capture screen to>
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 05:22 PM   #2
henkvdg
Groupie
henkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of ithenkvdg has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: IREX iLiad, Pocketbook Pro 903
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
FBShot is a /dev/fb0 to PNG file program I found and compiled for the iLiad. It needs some more work, a nicer wrapper, updated makefile...

But it works and really is only of use to people whom have the skills to use it in this condition.

You can discover more about it here: http://www.sfires.net/fbshot/

To use it one needs to be connected to their iLiad via a remote shell: openssh, dropbear etc...

The command line is: fbshot <name of png file to capture screen to>

Thanks for the info, Scotty. I thought it could just be used on the iLiad.
I imagine it could, just create a camera icon that controls it and make png files with timecode in the name in a directory named "ScreenShots" in the root of the internal USB memory. But this could be less useful.
henkvdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Henk, all good ideas. I just don't need it to do any of those things as it does what I need via ssh.

The source is simple and I've posted it here in the Projects database... it would make a good entry level project for someone looking to get their feet wet with iLiad software development.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote