Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #1
phatmanace
phatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch 5
How Do you actually write apps for the kindle?

Folks,

Suspecting that there is going to be a slightly embarrasing answer to this question, but anyhow: here goes.

I have a kindle 4 touch - I've been following along with the weather station hack which is working nicley. I felt I wasn't really taking advantage of the touch screen and was interested in what one could do with a custom application.

I skimmed through the forums and didn't really see a 'getting started guide to developing for your kindle' and wondered if someone could point me in the right direction

Thanks, Ace
phatmanace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Sure: click the "Kindle Developer's Corner Master Index" sticky thread, click "Kindlet". There should be enough stuff to get you started.

Note that some of the threads are specific to particular Kindle models, so details may vary. But the overall approach is always the same.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatmanace View Post
I have a kindle 4 touch
No you don't, no such critter came out of Amazon's ark.

First: Identify the model of Kindle you have:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kindle_Serial_Numbers
Otherwise you will not know when you find (or don't find) directions for your model.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #4
phatmanace
phatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheesephatmanace can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Touch 5
@ixTab - thanks - that helped.
phatmanace is offline   Reply With Quote