Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2011, 02:18 PM   #106
tswan
tswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Found PRS-T1 at my local Target at lunch today. Looks like they're out and available.
tswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 02:46 PM   #107
Pomtroll
Guru
Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pomtroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, Sony T1, Kindle Touch, Kindle PW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by azxswq View Post

Also, I should point out that this is my first ebook reader, I know about the mico-SD and audio capabilities.. but the $79 no-button version is so cheap, it is hard to justify not to get it. Maybe one each...

What do you guys think?

In the US and from NY City.
The $79 is a button version & has ads. Most say the ads don't bother them though. The touchless won't be shipped till sometime in November.
Pomtroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 04:49 PM   #108
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

well. the website has just turned weird.

149.99 strike out, for a price of.... 149.99

hmm. in stock, ship date 10/03.

lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 06:32 PM   #109
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Too funny!

I'm seeing 10/4 as the ship date now - black only. Red and white still shipping on the 16th.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #110
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
called today, supposedly shipping today, but i think all she did was read the 9/30 order status, didn't dig to see if that were true or not...as of 8:31 est. no shipping notification.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2011, 08:40 PM   #111
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
called today, supposedly shipping today, but i think all she did was read the 9/30 order status, didn't dig to see if that were true or not...as of 8:31 est. no shipping notification.
same here. doesn't look likely.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #112
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

So they're in Target, but Sony can't ship them on time to those who preordered....
Old 09-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #113
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
same here. doesn't look likely.
Late shipments can take quite a while to get into the system. They aren't shipped from the east coast either. If it is midnight Eastern, I might get worried. I've seen plenty of stuff show up in the system at 11pm or so local time, and these will ship out of Illinois.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:08 PM   #114
krighton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
Late shipments can take quite a while to get into the system. They aren't shipped from the east coast either. If it is midnight Eastern, I might get worried. I've seen plenty of stuff show up in the system at 11pm or so local time, and these will ship out of Illinois.
illinois, only 2 states over, maybe ground won't take that long once it's shipped. Though their slow response makes me want to cancel my order and drive over to Target and get one.

Last edited by krighton; 09-30-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 11:56 PM   #115
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
tswan, where are you located? I'll check my local Tarjay tomorrow. last week they had a kindle and Iriver story and didn't know if they were getting the t1 or not.
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:08 AM   #116
beespeckled
Zealot
beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!beespeckled My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: KOBO Aura One; Kindle Oasis 3
A big thank you for the info Tswan, I called my local Target and they did have the T1. Just got back from the store with the T1. It is for my daughter. I promised her I would get her one for her bday. (The T1 was announced on her bday Aug 31 ) she has it charging.

She is very excited. She wanted a red one but liked the black one too. Target only had the black one in stock. User manual is loaded on the device according to the quick set-up guide so will post info/experiences as we get used to it.

on a side note: our local Target has changed their ereader display since last week, they have additional Ereader brands on display. They had the Iriver Story and Kindle only last weekend, but now a nice display with 2 different KOBO models, 2 different Nook models (one was the NC) the Iriver Story and a separate display for the Kindle. More variety than Best Buy or other stores locally at this point in any case. They are expecting a special display for the T1 from Sony next week, they didn't have the T1 on display yet.

Last edited by beespeckled; 10-01-2011 at 01:13 AM. Reason: to add more info
beespeckled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #117
tswan
tswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura abouttswan has a spectacular aura about

No problem. Same display at my Target. Was the first time I've seen the Kobo Touch anywhere.
tswan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:39 AM   #118
lightforx
Enthusiast

thanks. i'll head down to get mine tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:11 AM   #119
Insalata
Zealot
Insalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it isInsalata knows what time it is

Device: Kobo Sage, iPad
Does anyone know what the release dates are in other countries? I've just ordered one (which will be my first e-reader) in the UK.
Insalata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 06:49 AM   #120
Firedb
Enthusiast
Firedb began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Note 8 rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insalata View Post
Does anyone know what the release dates are in other countries? I've just ordered one (which will be my first e-reader) in the UK.
If we're lucky, online orders will start to go out around 16th October same as US. if we are not lucky, then end of October.
Firedb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1