Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by vxf View Post
While this is kind of off-topic, I actually dislike having the time staring at me (I use PRS+). I prefer to disable it. Last thing I need for my ebook reader is to constantly remind me I should be either working or sleeping instead of trying to find out whether Jon Snow will, eventually, end up on the Iron Throne...
I find that the time display in PRS+ is so unobtrusive, it takes a deliberate effort to look at it. It took me a while to even notice it was there, but I think I'd now miss it if I bought a T1.

Am inclined to wait until PRS+ is available, and to wait in hope of price reductions as availability and competition improves. in the UK , it seems that only Sony store has stock & they don't have silver.

the x50 range has now vanished from UK stores, at least that what google shopping thinks. waterstones had some at £159 but no longer. Could be that Waterstones have quit selling reader hardware completely.

Last edited by cybmole; 10-21-2011 at 11:53 AM.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #17
seajewel
Fanatic
seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.seajewel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Sony PRS-950
Time display at all times is important to me also, because I read a lot at night and need to keep checks on myself so I don't read too late. I don't wear a watch, my iPhone is my "clock" but I'd prefer, when reading, to just glance in a corner once in a while rather than go through a bunch of menu options every time I want to see the time. hopefully PRS+ or something will step in and give users options.
seajewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:43 PM   #18
Ashjuk
Fanatic
Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ashjuk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Sony PRS 600/650
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
...Could be that Waterstones have quit selling reader hardware completely.
I think so. I was in my local Waterstones the other day and the reader display area has disappeare, no sign of any make of reader.
Ashjuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 PM   #19
khalleron
Kate
khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.khalleron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
You could just look at your watch .
I live at the beach. We don't wear no stinking watches!

I loved having the clock on my 505, but I also love the fact that the T1 devotes almost its entire screen to *reading*.

A clock and a battery icon on the bottom of the screen would be nice, though.
khalleron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:57 AM   #20
Dterm
Dterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animalsDterm is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: T1
The quickest way I've found to check the time during reading is to press the HOME and then MENU buttons. A Clock then appears at the top left.
Then you can select your book again to resume reading.
I guess that's pretty quick.

I would like to see the time and battery displayed at the bottom of the screen next to the page numbers, but I suspect it would require page refreshes (flashing page) every minute so they didn't add this.

--By the way, if you haven't discovered it already, when you're on your home page, you can press the top right corner of the screen to quickly turn off/on wifi only when you need it, to save battery power.--
Dterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:01 AM   #21
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dterm View Post
I would like to see the time and battery displayed at the bottom of the screen next to the page numbers, but I suspect it would require page refreshes (flashing page) every minute so they didn't add this.
PRS+ added a clock to all of the previous models and the clock updated only when you changed the page, it worked great.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 12:10 PM   #22
jbuk
jbuk doesn't litterjbuk doesn't litter

"The quickest way I've found to check the time during reading is to press the HOME and then MENU buttons. A Clock then appears at the top left."

Cheers for that.
jbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #23
fancybee
fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fancybee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I never really tought about that option to have the time always visible to check it. I am so used to my Jaeger-Lecoultre wrist watch. I use it for all my life. So I guess I am kind of old fashion at this
fancybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:17 PM   #24
bla
E bookworm
bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T1,Android Tablet, I phone
It is very confounding to me that they didn't just display it .... every other reading software/device I use displays the current time... even my old windoze phone using mobi reader.. i really like the t1 but there are a few software design decisions that have me frankly bewildered.. not an unusual state for me I must admit lol one of my pet peeves is that silly last 3 books loaded display on the main screen... showing the last 3 books READ would have made much more sense
bla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #25
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I don't need a clock on the reader, because I wear a watch, but what I WOULD like is to have the battery status visible while reading.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clock, date, features, prs-t1, time