Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 10:31 AM   #1
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
How do I keep sets of books together when filing for easily locating?

There is surely an easy answer to this but I cannot find it.

Looking at my collection of books within Calibre, they are all over the place and not filed together as tidy selections.

For example; I can see two Harry Potter books at the top, two halfway down and the others scattered all over the place. Ben Bova novels are also scattered all over the place and some Stephen King novels are together but others are scattered.

Can anybody tell me how I keep sets of books together when filing for easily locating?

Thanks

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
There is no pre-defined order. If you click on a column header then books will be sorted by that field. I am not sure what you are currently sorted on, but it sounds as if it might be something like added order.

The only potential 'gotcha' When clicking on a column header to sort is that author and title have associated fields author_sort and title_sort and clicking on the author or titles fields sorts according their associated sort fields so you need to check this if ou do not get the expected results.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Heathside Boy
HB
Heathside Boy began at the beginning.

Device: Nook for PC / Calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
There is no pre-defined order. If you click on a column header then books will be sorted by that field. I am not sure what you are currently sorted on, but it sounds as if it might be something like added order.

The only potential 'gotcha' When clicking on a column header to sort is that author and title have associated fields author_sort and title_sort and clicking on the author or titles fields sorts according their associated sort fields so you need to check this if ou do not get the expected results.
Of course, so simple when you know how!

Thank you itimpi

HB
Heathside Boy is offline   Reply With Quote