Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 06-18-2010, 10:41 AM   #1
clayw1pi
Enthusiast
clayw1pi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle For PC
Acer AO532h-2326 10.1-Inch Onyx Blue Netbook

I presently have 3 devices for reading eBooks, a Kindle 2, Sony Pocket Reader and a Dell Laptop. I also read books on my desktop computer using the MobiPocket Reader Software. After looking at all the devices available for ebooks, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that an Acer Netbook would be the best overall buy (Acer AO532h-2326 10.1-Inch Onyx Blue Netbook - Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life). What do you think.
clayw1pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #2
ColdSun
Developer/Device Reviews
ColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueColdSun can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Sony Xperia Tablet Z, Kindle Paperwhite 2, Lenovo Yoga 8, IPad 3
Love it. I was also looking at an 8.9 inch Acer Netbook.
ColdSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #3
Flynn Arrowstarr
Flynn Arrowstarr began at the beginning.

Device: iPod Touch + Stanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSun View Post
Love it. I was also looking at an 8.9 inch Acer Netbook.
If you get the 8.9" Acer Aspire One, make sure you either get the 6-cell or 9-cell battery. The 3-cell battery it originally shipped with only lasts about two hours before you need to put it back on the AC.

I have the Sapphire Blue AA1 with XP, 1 gb, and a 160 gb hard drive. Rotate the screen to landscape and it works great with either PDF or The Kindle PC app though.

Flynn
Flynn Arrowstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 03:18 AM   #4
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Hya Clay. Good to have your company. I bought the Acer netbook for my mother-in-law at the same time as I bought the Samsung version for myself. Both amazing wee machines. I use mine a lot for proof reading out in the fresh air, away from my PC. Even do some editing work on it. For recreational reading, though -- in bed, in a comfy chair or on a sunlounger -- even these neat wee devices are a tad cumbersome, I think. For fun reading, I'd always recommend an easy-to-hold eink machine with no bells and whistles. Horses for courses, though, Clay. Good luck and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 07:15 AM   #5
clayw1pi
Enthusiast
clayw1pi is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle For PC
The Acer I reference above has a 10 hour battery. I guess that must be the 9 cell. Haven't gotten it yet, but its on the shopping list. Tks for the comments.
clayw1pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2010, 04:55 PM   #6
batpuppy
Connoisseur
batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.batpuppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 , Samsung TabA 8.0, Kindle fire 7.0
Since my old sony ereader died, I been using a dell mini 1012 10.1" netbook for reading. It works well for me. It last around 10 hours on a charge.
I got it for less than 200 bucks which at the time was cheaper than most ereaders.
batpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:07 PM   #7
Mary McDonald
Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.Mary McDonald can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle app for pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayw1pi View Post
I presently have 3 devices for reading eBooks, a Kindle 2, Sony Pocket Reader and a Dell Laptop. I also read books on my desktop computer using the MobiPocket Reader Software. After looking at all the devices available for ebooks, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that an Acer Netbook would be the best overall buy (Acer AO532h-2326 10.1-Inch Onyx Blue Netbook - Up to 10 Hours of Battery Life). What do you think.
I use my Gateway netbook as an e-reader using Kindle's app for PC, and while I love my little netbook, it's not the best as an e-reader. Mainly, it's a comfort thing. I can't curl up on my side in bed and read it, like I do with paper books. I mean, I can, but it's awkward. I can't take it to the park to read or anywhere in bright light. And even though I'm used to reading on the computer, as I'm an avid reader of fanfiction for the last 15 years, it's not the same as reading a book. The type is so different.
Mary McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote