Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > BeBook

Notices

Old 08-25-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
BeBook new firmware out (2.10-20090803)

Hey guys,

Just to let you know that the newest BeBook firmware has just been released; v2.10-20090803 - direct link.

Haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know how it differs from the bèta (if at all).
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:03 PM   #2
garthoid
Enthusiast
garthoid is on a distinguished road

Device: axim, bebook, BPDN
Just installed it. Big difference I notice for me is support for reflow for PDFs. It makes sizing much more readable. The rendering to me appears much clearer.
garthoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfonsVH View Post
Hey guys,

Just to let you know that the newest BeBook firmware has just been released; v2.10-20090803 - direct link.

Haven't tried it out yet, so I don't know how it differs from the bèta (if at all).
I ran a file compare on the beta and the release and the compare came out identical.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:53 PM   #4
AlfonsVH
Addict
AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlfonsVH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook Neo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S View Post
I ran a file compare on the beta and the release and the compare came out identical.
I could've guessed

I'll probably stick to OI until the ePub zoom-levels in the stock firmware get better. And even then...
AlfonsVH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #5
NASCARaddicted
Addict
NASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and graceNASCARaddicted herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: BeBook One, Pocketbook Touch, Pocketbook Touch HD
I also noticed (and reported) a bug in the beta firmware. The Bebook support team said they were able to reproduce this bug and would look after it, and it would be fixed in the final update ... well, the bug is still here.

To give you some details: I am reading an epub file. When I stop, I press the power button to lock the keypad. But then I can't unlock it again. To unlock it, I can either remove the SD Card or press the power button longer, so that the Bebook turns off.

Maybe someone else can give it a try to see if the problem is caused by the firmware or my file. So just take an epub file and see if they keypad bug also happens to you ...

thanks
NASCARaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2009, 01:16 PM   #6
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
This seems to be an issue with the ADE add in to the firmware. This happens to me with The Ezreader firmware that came out the last of July. I have reported it and they are looking at it to see if it can be fixed.
cvkemp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:33 AM   #7
manifestor
Connoisseur
manifestor began at the beginning.

Device: Astak EZreader, Aluratek Libre Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by garthoid View Post
Just installed it. Big difference I notice for me is support for reflow for PDFs. It makes sizing much more readable. The rendering to me appears much clearer.
One more thing I notice is the illustrations in PDF files are dithered much better now. They used to appear smeared and distorted but now they are shown more "correctly", despite still being 4-level grayscale.
manifestor is offline   Reply With Quote