Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-30-2013, 05:36 AM   #1
Funcaar
Funcaar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry Frozen

I have a Kobo Touch, which from the start never gave battery back up of more than 3-4 days with wifi switched off. Few weeks back, it refused to start up. After many mails to & from Customer support, they said, it has to be sent back, but since I live in India, they cannot help me in any way.
I have tried to reset the touch in every possible way, but it sometimes get stuck in the "powering on" screen forever. Rarely, it resets itself & asks to power on, then it shows blank screen.
Anybody has any idea, if it can be revived or should I give up & purchase Kindle instead.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Funcaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 AM   #2
Willa
Davidfor's friend 😊
Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Willa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funcaar View Post
I have a Kobo Touch, which from the start never gave battery back up of more than 3-4 days with wifi switched off. Few weeks back, it refused to start up. After many mails to & from Customer support, they said, it has to be sent back, but since I live in India, they cannot help me in any way.
I have tried to reset the touch in every possible way, but it sometimes get stuck in the "powering on" screen forever. Rarely, it resets itself & asks to power on, then it shows blank screen.
Anybody has any idea, if it can be revived or should I give up & purchase Kindle instead.
Any help would be much appreciated.
You might find some help in this thread - especially the part about trying a new cable and plugging it into a wall socket
Willa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
Funcaar
Funcaar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Angry Tried everything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa View Post
You might find some help in this thread - especially the part about trying a new cable and plugging it into a wall socket
I tried 3 USB cables, connected to different PC, plugged into power socket etc. Nothing works.

I now opened the back & changed the battery (Li-ion 3.7V 1000mah 3.7wh), problem remains the same. Most probably, problem is hardware related. I made a big mistake in purchasing Kobo, should have gone for Kindle (as they provide international warranty - recently Kindle has started selling in India too).

Bye Kobo. I rather liked it, despite its terrible battery backup.
Funcaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 04:23 PM   #4
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funcaar View Post
I tried 3 USB cables, connected to different PC, plugged into power socket etc. Nothing works.

I now opened the back & changed the battery (Li-ion 3.7V 1000mah 3.7wh), problem remains the same. Most probably, problem is hardware related. I made a big mistake in purchasing Kobo, should have gone for Kindle (as they provide international warranty - recently Kindle has started selling in India too).

Bye Kobo. I rather liked it, despite its terrible battery backup.
Interesting, thought process.....
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #5
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Sure sounds like a firmware issue some others have described in that thread where a bunch of us were trying to figure out what was going on with short battery life and concluded one issue was the cover blocking the IR before it went to sleep. Makes one wonder if a factory reset and restoring back up to the latest version might help.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert