Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 12:48 PM   #1
hamzawm
hamzawm began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Language Support? Newbie!!

I just purchased a kobo vox, ive tried to do some searching , but am a little bit confused.

I want to be able to read "arabic language" on some web pages on the vox. Is this possible? I read that with the new firmware we are able to load languages, how do i go abouts doing that?

Any info would be of great help!
Thanks all!
hamzawm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:04 AM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
If you've got a .ttf font that includes english and arabic characters you can do it easily by replacing the built-in font. However, this requires a small amount of technical know-how.

There are a few other work-around options like Arabic Text Reader. I'll look into it a bit more.

Edit: Upon a little further research. The Vox does have simplified Arabic (that really hard-to-read disconnected font) out of the box.

At the very least this means you can check your email and read web-pages although I know it's certainly not optimal for reading any large amount of text. Again, changing the font seem to be the only real solution right now but that requires you to either root your device or use adb (a program used for android development and debugging) to push the file to the correct location on your device.

Last edited by jefftheworld; 12-18-2011 at 03:18 AM.
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert