Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-23-2008, 01:01 PM   #1
Klaatu
Klaatu doesn't litterKlaatu doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Restore libprs500 library from backup

I recently did an erase and install of Mac OS X and I am now trying to restore my libprs500 library from a backup but the app is not letting me place the library db file where I want it.

I am using version 0.4.43, and if I leave my library db file at the root of my home folder it works fine. However I do not want the file there. I want to place it on a path that is in my Documents folder.

When I attempt to tell libprs500 where to put the file it throws the error message
Quote:
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'close'
with an OK button. The app creates an empty db file on the specified path but then defaults back to the file at the root of my home folder.

If I try to place my db file on the path I want and point the app there I get the error
Quote:
local variable 'src' referenced before assignment
with an OK button.

What am I doing wrong here? Any help will be appreciated.

Best regards,
Michael
Klaatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm there was a bit of refactoring that might have messed this up. Post the complete error message.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:13 PM   #3
Klaatu

Those are the complete error messages. I don't get anything else. But here is the console log from my last attempt to change the location of the default library:

3/23/08 12:11:35 PM [0x0-0x204204].net.kovidgoyal.librs500[3702] File "/Applications/libprs500.app/Contents/Resources/main.py", line 853, in do_config
3/23/08 12:11:35 PM [0x0-0x204204].net.kovidgoyal.librs500[3702] File "libprs500/gui2/library.pyo", line 464, in close
Old 03-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Odd, I'll look into it in a bit, but you could just use a symlink in the meantime.

Move the library1.db to wherever you want, say /ebooks/library1.db

Then
Code:
ln -s /ebooks/library1.db ~/library1.db
Old 03-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #5
Klaatu

I see you've released a new version of libprs500. It fixes the problem I was having. Thank you for the quick turn around.

Regards,
Michael
Old 03-27-2008, 02:23 PM   #6
thegpc
thegpc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I am having an issue with the newest version of it, the 44 version. I installed it and now nothing will open or operate. I have been using it since the mid 30's versions and have had very few problems. I can get the lrfviewer up and running but not the actual program itself. Any suggestions? No error mesages to report...
thegpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

There should be another update soon to fix this.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:09 PM   #8
thegpc
thegpc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500
You rock man. Thanks.
thegpc is offline   Reply With Quote