Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 12-11-2009, 02:44 PM   #1
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo card formatting query

Hi

I have just got a Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo card - 2GB, and its not showing up in Calibre with either my 505 or my 600 reader.

I have been able to format it okay, but have no idea why its not showing. I have never used a card before so the whole process is new to me

Can anyone shed some light on what I should be doing?

Thanks

Josie

Last edited by Josieb1; 12-11-2009 at 03:59 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #2
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
...I have been able to format it okay, but have no idea why its not showing. I have never used a card before so the whole process is new to me...
Did you format it in FAT32 format?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 04:10 PM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi - it was formatted by the PRS600 using the Format Memory stick utility, so I have no idea what Fat it was formatted to
Old 12-11-2009, 04:14 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi - it was formatted by the PRS600 using the Format Memory stick utility, so I have no idea what Fat it was formatted to
OK, thanks, that shouldn't cause any problems. I always format mine on my PC.

If you tell us what operating system you use on your PC (ie. XP/Vista/WIN7/OSX), someone who has the same problem may chime in to help.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Oh sorry, XP, and thanks
Advert
Old 12-11-2009, 04:16 PM   #6
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Oh and sorry its a Sandisc not a Sony make.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Oh sorry, XP, and thanks
Your welcome. Do you have a card slot on your PC or laptop that you can stick the PRO DUO card in and test to see if it recognized as a mass storage device (another disk)?
Old 12-11-2009, 04:19 PM   #8
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Oh and sorry its a Sandisc not a Sony make.
I have a SanDisk 4G Memory Stick PRO DUO in my reader and it works fine.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #9
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Yes it came with a little stick you put it in, with a USB the other end, and it is recognised fine by my PC (two PC's actually), and its recognised by the 600, just not in Calibre
Old 12-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n

Quote:
Yes it came with a little stick you put it in, with a USB the other end, and it is recognised fine by my PC (two PC's actually), and its recognised by the 600, just not in Calibre
OK, it may be a Calibre issue. I'm not familiar with Calibre but there are lots of members here that are.

If you don't get any response here, you can click on the "!" symbol beside the karma button under your avatar and ask a moderator to move your thread to the Calibre forum.

I hope you get it sorted soon, sorry I can't help any further.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #11
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

With the Memory Stick inserted, Calibre opened with my 600 connected, the reader comes up a the F drive and the Memory Stick as the G drive. But in the white box where the reader memory is displayed only the reader is shown and the library are shown.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:33 PM   #12
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks for all your help, will post over in the Calibre forum. Thanks again