Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
help
help began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hi, please, I need help

I have a Kobo Touch and I purchased a 16 SH card but the e reader has problem reading it , it freezes , it goes blank
besides also , I receive messages that some of the books in my sh card can not be read due to Adobe ?

Any feedback? Please
help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:27 AM   #2
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I think you can find some info there : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=163385

but it seems to be a known issue with the latest firmware... Try the post on the latest firmware, some people talked about it too
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Yikes! What a huge card! Are you planning on putting 20 thousand books on your Kobo?
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #4
filmo
Wizard
filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.filmo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Sony T1, Kobo Mini
Smallest SD card I can easily find for my Kobo touch is 4 gig. It is SanDisk brand, works good and is much bigger capacity than I can imagine filling epub books. I had more than 2,000 books on it and it worked ok. Lots of short stories. Only problems I have experienced is books with some kind of bad formatting that Kobo couldn't handle and unplugging Kobo from computer before it was safe. I have loaded from one to hundreds books at once. When a bad book keeps kobo from working you will wish fewer books were just loaded. You can drag and drop books onto SD card, use Calibre to load books, use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to load books or use Kobo desktop program to load books. Only use one of those methods to load books than safely disconnect Kobo from computer and let Kobo update books in library before loading more books with a different method.
I use Calibre to manage my side loaded books. It works well and keeps getting better with each new version.

When I have really corrupted a SD card I use SD Formatter to reformat the SD card. Use that program in full over write mode is only setting that has worked for me. Before formatting give the card a name easy to recognise it's use so the formatter will write the name in cards memory and you then write that name on the outside of SD card.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/
filmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 02:52 PM   #5
mconh
Connoisseur
mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!mconh goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, AuraHD, AuraH20
["Only problems I have experienced is books with some kind of bad formatting that Kobo couldn't handle and unplugging Kobo from computer before it was safe. I have loaded from one to hundreds books at once. When a bad book keeps kobo from working you will wish fewer books were just loaded."]

I have found that if you load 100 books with Calibre, load them in Author Alpha sort. If a bad book locks up the Kobo it is easy to find the bad book. Just go to the Kobo images folder which is now in author/book sort and find the last book loaded that has the full set of images. The next book is the bad one which can then be identified in Calibre and removed or fixed.
mconh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #6
help

thank you to everyone for their input
Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #7
help

Epub from Google

I downloaded free epub and pdf from Google but they do not open in Kobo Touch?

Please any feedback?